Chapter 1: Long Drive

We move out with several several heavy boxes to the moving truck. I walk outside to get a good glimpse of the house before leaving. The white walls, the garage, the dark blue roof, and the front yard I used to play on as a kid with my parents and my dog Grover. My parents are now divorced and that's why I am moving with my dad.
I turn around and start walking towards the van . I get into the front seat and pull the tight seat belt across my chest and locked it in. I was still looking out at the house, I really was going to miss this place, I grew up here and spent time with them, and now they are separated,  I thought to myself with a tear dripping down my face. My dad comes out of the house and locks the door. He walks around, opens the car door and slams it.
It looked like he was about to cry, but it kept tears in and started driving. I was listening to music when I herd my dad asking me something, i took out my ear bud and said, " What did you say dad?"
He replied, " Are you nervous about going to the new house?"

I say with a shaky voice, "Yeah. Kind of."

"Well, I've got to tell you that the house looks old, but it is very pretty inside, there is a lot of room in the house, how about I let you pick your own room. Okay?"

I reply, "That sounds like a good plan."

He reaches towards the radio in the car to turn on some music, it's Pop-Rock Music, my least favorite music; I thought to myself, this is going to be a looonnnggg drive.  

      Our old house was in Pennsylvania , and My dad decided to move to
Virginia instead because he wanted to be closer to his parents. We drove across the border of Philadelphia and went over a few miles into Virginia.

When we were driving in the neighborhood, it seemed really odd, but I thought to myself, A lot of neighborhoods are like this, it's normal, I just have to get used to it. 

     We got to the house, and it still looked odd, but the house was huge. My dad and I got out of the car and stared out at the house for a few minutes. It looked like it was two stories inside. The house was made up of bricks mostly; all of the walls and the chimney, but the roof was made of scalped tile that looked a grayish black. There were many vines running up the sides of the house; I knew then that the house was definitely older than my great grandmother.