You're my trophy

The members were sitting on their seats, waiting for the winner of the rookie award to be announced. Mingyu was glancing at his right every now and then. Wonwoo was staring at the stage and Mingyu knew how badly he wanted to win. Of course everyone wanted to win it but Mingyu had noticed how Wonwoo had been kind of down lately. A trophy would make him happier and Mingyu loved seeing that smile of his.

They were ready to announce the winner and Mingyu felt nervous. More nervous than usually in this kind of situation. He wanted to hold Wonwoo's hand but he was too far away. He was biting his lip and if he had to wait any longer he wouldn't be able to keep calm. The winner was announced and all the tension jus disappeared. All the nervousness just turned into disappointment. They didn't win. Mingyu looked at Wonwoo again. He was smiling and cheering for the winner but Mingyu knew better. Wonwoo knew how to smile but Mingyu saw when he was actually happy. He couldn't take it anymore. Silently he got up from his seat and exited the audience without anyone noticing.

Their dressing room was empty. All hairstylists and make-up artists had gone elsewhere. Mingyu had some alone time to clear his head. They had worked so hard but of course he knew that a bigger company would get the trophy. He sat in one of the chairs in front of the mirror. All the trouble for nothing. Mingyu buried his face in his palms. He didn't cry but he really felt like doing so.

"We will continue to work hard". Mingyu heard a calming voice. He looked in the mirror and saw the blonde hair of his lover's. Wonwoo had followed him. Mingyu noticed the gentle look in Wonwoo's eyes. Even though the eye contact was through the mirror it still was calming him down. Wonwoo leaned forward and wrapped his arms around Mingyu's neck from behind. They couldn't hug like this when others were around. Besides the minor fan service they couldn't be intimate anywhere. Wonwoo kissed Mingyu's cheek and continued to look at him through the mirror.

"I really wanted to win," Mingyu sighed. Wonwoo was caressing his chest gently and kissed his cheek again.

"We all wanted to win," Wonwoo said. Of course he was disappointed too but he didn't want to show it. Mingyu was always so sensitive and Wonwoo often decided to hide his own feelings so he could take care of Mingyu better.

"But I wanted to get the trophy. I know this sounds stupid but a pretty trophy with 'seventeen' written on it would make you happy," Mingyu explained the reason behind the great amount of his disappointment.

To Mingyu's surprise Wonwoo started laughing. He let go of Mingyu and spun the chair around so Mingyu was actually facing him. Mingyu tilted his head and showed clearly how surprised he was. When the younger was acting like a kid it always amused Wonwoo. This was the reason why he thought Mingyu was often cute instead of sexy. He sat on Mingyu's lap with his thighs on either side of him and made him wrap his arms around his slim waist.

"Mingyu I don't need some trophy to make me happy," Wonwoo chuckled and pressed his head on Mingyu's shoulder while wrapping his arms around him. He was very happy whenever he was spending time with Mingyu. His best friend. His lover. They had been best friends for years but at some point they had both fallen for each other. It had just required a one brave kiss from Mingyu since Wonwoo was always so careful about certain things. He hadn't had the courage to confess and one night when Mingyu had thought he was sleeping he had gently kissed him. Pretty creepy but Wonwoo thought it was cute.