Mercy

CHAPTER 1 The rift

Rose's point of view

"Doctor, what do you think it is?" I ask afraid to know what it was. My British accent is thick, heavy, and well.... British. "I don't know, I mean, I've seen it before on the TARDIS's mainframe but.... Nothing compares other than a vicious beast." The doctor said. This is the parallel universe I've been stuck in. Human Doctor prefers just Doctor or John Smith. I don't like to pretend so I call him by who he really is. Just "the Doctor". Not the Human timelord stuck in a corner of space in time. He hates thinking of it that way. Doctor works at a local engineer shop. He gets a decent amount of money fixing the loads of junk people break around here. Without people's day to day clumsiness Doctor and I wouldn’t be able to afford our townhouse. I work at a mall, switching between jobs and returning to the old after a while, I don't like changes but it's what I have to do. I go on frequent dates that Doctor forces me on going to with random guys. He thinks I should live a normal life like I was supposed to live, though I tell him it's not possible with him around.

Wow. That's a lot of teeth," I point out. Fleshy pink-brown skin and black eyes, three fingers on each hand, with almost four inch-long claws on each finger is all that I see. This description is what I’m looking down upon. I'm so different here. My accent is the only thing that helps me fit in. Other than that, I'm the town’s nut case.

“Isn’t this our, like, thousandth time saving this parallel universe? I mean: vampires, mutant-alien werewolves, evil flying manta rays, ET ga'rgoyles, the supposed-to-be last fleet of Dalek, advanced Cybermen, CyberWOMEN! When will these things stop trying to kill all of humanity?" I question with an attitude and frown. He scans the beast with his homemade sonic screwdriver. "Hello--?" I'm cut off by him. "Hopefully never."  I stop myself from answering.  The doctor is, even as a human, an impossible man. He absolutely hates goodbyes, as I’ve learned. So do I. He has been through so much that I don't want to put him in more torture and pain.  That is, until know. For that’s when a vortex opens in the sky and out falls something blue. No. It can't be. The perfect blue. A box spinning out of control. He has return.