Endless Game Of Tag (Short One Shot)

"TAG! You're it!"

I am Julia Montes. A fast runner. I love running. Even my classmates love running. We play the tag- game every after classes. There's this girl named Kath. She is the slowest in the classroom. Me and my friends, Kiray and Yen, would bully her all the time but she wouldn't budge. She still tries to run fast. Whenever I tell her to quit she'll just say:

"One day i'll catch you." and then smile.

Sometimes I pity her but I still bully her anyway. She just annoy me so much. Me and my friends are a varsity and to our suprise she was accepted too. I think it was her determination and love for running that conviced our coach to accpet her.

One day our principal announced that she got into an accident. She was practicing when a car hit her. She died immediately. I felt a twinge of guilt in me. If only we didn't bully her then she wouldn't have tried so hard. She wouldn't have died. 

I talked with my friends and they were thining the same thing. We felt guilty and sorry but decided to keep it a secret so that our reputation wouldn't be ruined.

After a few years later me, Kiray and Yen became famous. We were record holders. We were fourth year college this time. We are up for a big tournament so we decided to practice.

The weird thing is every time I practice alone I felt like being watched from my back. And I hear footsteps behind me. I asked the girls and they hear it too. But I shook it off. I can't be distracted. Not now.

It was two days before our tournament and I was practicing. I was running freely when I noticed it was already late. I made my last run. But then I heard fast footsteps behind me. I looked behind me and saw a shadow. 

It was fast.

When it got a bit closer I immediately recognized who it was. It was her. I immediately ran as fast as my feet could take me. But everytime I look back she was gaining on me. And she was smiling.

I was about to turn around the corner when I saw a big truck coming towards me. It's light nearly blinded me. I was there prepared to die. But before the car hit me I saw her face close to mine.

It was full of blood. She has wound all over her face and she was smiling wickedly. 

"Tag! You're it."

I woke up with my friends beside me. I told them what happened. I thought they would laugh but they said they saw her too. With her ragged dress, wounded body, bloodshot eyes, and wicked smile. They said she told her the same thing.

It has been weeks and people finally found out about what we did since we told them to rest her soul. And rumors were spreading that we were playing an endless game of tag. And she's the it.