Untitled Part 1

Most mornings I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock. But today wasn't an ordinary morning.

"Happy birthday, Spence!" Hanna, Emily, and Aria shout as they jump on top of me.

Yep, that's right, today is my eighteenth birthday. And like every year the girls sleepover the night before so they can be the first ones to wish me a happy birthday.

"Thanks you guys you're the best. I love you to death and I couldn't ask for better friends but this will be my last birthday if you don't get off of me."

"Oops, sorry," Aria says as she and the others get off.

"It's okay. I kinda deserve to get crushed after I accidently elbowed Hanna in the neck on Emily's birthday." I replied as I too sat up.

"Ah, yes, the injuries we receive while jumping on our best friend on their birthday. My favorite birthday memories." Hanna dramatically stated.

"I don't care what anyone says. Yes, being crushed or elbowed in the neck isn't pleasant but it is nothing compared to being punched in the face on your thirteenth birthday." Emily said.

"Oh my gosh, I totally forgot about, Em." Hanna said as she started to laugh.

"Just when I thought I had lived that down." Aria mumbled.

"Its okay, Aria, it was four and half years ago. A black eye isn't exactly how I imagined I would look once I was finally a teenager but I've never been known to hold a grudge." Emily said as she gave Aria a hug.

"Wow, if we have this many birthday injury stories at eighteen we'll have enough to write a book in a few more years." I said and we all laughed.

"Yeah, we could call it A Collection of Birthday Traditions Gone Wrong." Hanna suggested.

"Yet, we still group jump on the birthday girl no matter how many injuries we receive." Emily commented.

"Yeah, and we'll still probably jump on each other when we're eighty years old and in nursing homes." Aria joked.

The four of us continued talking about birthdays past and were having a great time. That was until reality hit us in the form of my mother pounding on my door and telling me that she was leaving for work and that I had to be at school in an hour. Well, our fun had to come to an end at some point.

"Ouch, not even a 'Happy birthday' or 'Welcome to Adulthood' your mom really is tough, Spence." Hanna said as she started walking towards my closet.

"Well, Hanna, this is the Hastings family you know. I'll probably get home from school and find a fancy, store-bought card on the counter with a hundred dollar bill inside. And a note that says 'Happy birthday Spencer, so sorry but we're stuck in Philly with Melissa.'" I sighed.

"Cheer up, Spence, who cares if you're parents don't acknowledge your birthday. At least you'll get to spend it with us today and tonight with Toby." Emily said as she came out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, you're kind of right." I said. "Hanna, what are you doing?"

"I am picking out your outfit. And why is Emily only kind of right? Do you think we're gonna ditch you on your birthday?"

"You guys aren't the ones ditching me on my birthday. Toby is." I stated. "And why exactly are you picking out my outfit?"

"Because, if you choose your outfit you'll choose something you wear everyday. And you are not going to wear a blouse and pencil skirt on your eighteenth birthday, not on my watch." Hanna stated firmly.