{Capture}

HELLO! Thank you for clicking onto this story. I will try to update as much as possible, but I am also starting on a different story so please be patient.

Last Updated 25/6/13

BOOK ONE OF THE ILLIAN MAZE SERIES

STARGAZER AND RED

EPILOGUE- STRANGER

The snow fell slowly, drifting down in spirals, each flake individual and original. A huge white blanket covered the ground but small saplings tried to escape from the wintery grasp. A proud stone wall threaded its way through several trees, moss and vines growing lushly upon it. Where it ended there was no life, the wall crumbled to shattered stones, there was no snow, and the whole ground was charred black.

Tree's wilted, their leaves falling off and gathering in piles, where they would suddenly catch on fire. A lone stream ran along this black ground, gathering up its colour as it ran by. The pure spring blue turning to a monstrous black. As the stream went on the ground started to grow strange foliage. Purple tree's stood out with their fire red leaves and odd yellow branches. Animals smelt for their next dinner and a small rodent munched on the tree's leaves.

In a sudden horrifyingly loud gurgle it fell to the ground, poisoned from the leaves. Quickly a fox came in and grabbed it, tearing apart its hide. Then it stopped, green blood all over its face, it sniffed the air and caught a strange smell, something that it had never encountered before.

A small falcon streaked through the strange branches, its wings flapping elegantly, it too was curious as to what was coming. It spiralled down, following the thoughts of the other animals. Then stopped.

There was a human; its long mane of hair was golden bright and its footsteps loud. It was a female and it carried weapons.

Screeing loudly the falcon warned all the other animals to the human's presence and sped away.

The human looked up, an expression of curiosity on her face, eyes shining the same colour as the tree's leaves. She sighed, her hand coming up to her forehead. She stepped forwards, shouldering her pack and lurching forwards, her footsteps loud she walked until she found the black stream. Following it upwards she stepped into white snow and stared in bewilderment at the wall.

"No." The single word escaped her mouth and suddenly eyes trained onto her. Beasts growled their stench putrid and their fangs showing, sharp and lethal.

The girl stood still her hands shaking, she dared not to breathe.

A wolf moved forwards and upon its back was a strange beast, his nose was flat and its chin long, its skin was puffy and filled with moles and zits, long eyelashes covered amber red eyes. It smiled, its teeth long and sharp, "What are you doing here human?" It asked, regarding the woman.

She said nothing, her eyes wide and horrified, she took a step backwards, her hands coming up to her sword on her hip.

The beast snarled and the wolf growled at her, taking two steps forwards the rider pointed a spear at her, "What. Are-"

The woman lurched forwards, her sword swiping out of her sheath she slammed the sharp end into the beasts breast, then leaning down she brought it all the way through the riders body and onto the wolfs head, the skull splintered and the wolf fell down, blood pouring out.

The sword flew up and into the stomach of another wolf, the girl pulled back, intestines spilling out and she knelt on the ground. A wolf flew over her head and she swiped up as it jumped, the sword shattered its ribs and it landed back on the ground in a lifeless heap.

There was silence as the woman stood back up, wiping her katana on her shirt and slid it back in her sheath.

She walked back to the wall, placing her hand on the wall. The hand glowed, still painted in red, "Your death," She murmured, her breath making steam in the air, "Shall be the renewing of the empire."