Chapter 1:The prank to end all pranks

"All we want to do is prank Mall, it's no big deal no one will get hurt!"

"I just don't have a good feeling about this, Gretchen."

"He is not my man!"

"Calm down Dove, besides no one should be looking at your man like that!"

The creek of the front door alerted the twins that someone was coming and they quickly hide with the rest of there friends.

"Hello? Cade are you here?" Malory whispered into the inky black darkness of the room.

"Right here,"Cade answered smirking seductively as he emerged from the shadows.

"You said you wanted to talk to me?"

"Yea I wanted to talk about our relationship."

Eyes widening, Mallory was quick to speak.

"I knew it! They told me it wasn't true, but I knew it! I love you so much Cade! Much more than anything in the world and i'm so happy to hear you love me too!"
Cade looked her deep in the eyes and whispered 'I'm sorry', as all of their friends with the absence of Mellony and Gabriel, jumped out and yelled 'YOU JUST GOT WASTED!'.

Flinging the door open Malory sprinted out into the living room and out thru the front door crying the whole way. Dove, Andrew, and Cassidy sprinted out after her as Jessica, Gretchen, Alexia and Cade stayed in the room laughing and hollering like drunks.

Mellony turned to the commotion running through the living room in mild concern. If she hadn't been so drunk she might have gone and see what the matter was, but for now all she could do was sleep on the couch with Gabriel.

"Mal, It was just a joke!" Gretchen screamed out into the darkness after Malory's retreating figure.

"I told you it was a bad idea Gretchen!" Dove managed to hiss out before choking on sobs. Her long black hair covering her like a inky shield.

"Whatever she'll be back." Gretchen said as her, Cade, Andrew, and Cassidy started to file back in.

"No one's going to look for her? It looks pretty bad out there." Alexia commented turning to the heavy snowfall in mild shock.

"She's a big girl, she can handle herself." Jessica muttered as she light herself another cheap cigarette and placing it between her red lips.

"Fine then, let's get inside, Dove." Picking Dove up bridal style Alexia carried her sobbing body inside.

That was a year ago today and the memory still haunted Alexia James to this day. December 16th, 2014 was the day Malory Offlan was pronounced missing by police. January 1st, 2015 was the day Malory Offlan was pronounced found by police. January 9th was the funeral. It all happened so fast that it still left Alexia woosy. She had lost one of her oldest friends, but she knew for others it was worse. Gabriel, Malory's brother wasn't the same after the accident and he was known to get a little out of hand at times. Alexia didnt even want to be back on this stupid mountain but Gabriel had sounded so excited about it and his girlfriend had said he had been waiting for this day for forever so how could she say no? After all it was their fault that Malory was dead. She seemed to be the only one to blame themselves for it. How the others felt no guilt she would never know.