Prologue-Before Ivy

I run to the vicar's cellar under the roots of the rowan tree. I jump into the hole and wish that I knew where my flute was. One of the only things that could calm my uncle down was me playing a lullaby on the wooden instrument. I run through the maze of tunnels to the room where I know he keeps that maldición book of his as he charms the laird and lady up at the castle. I want to save him so I am ripped through with guilt as I come round a bend in the tunnel to here my uncle finishing a spell from the book. "El poderá andar na terra como unha sombra." I register what he had said I leap foward and rip that porra ring off of his finger. As I hold it I can feel with a greater certainty that something evil lies here and it will kill us all. As I run through the maze and up the stairs onto the sprawling lawn of the castle. I run to the hedge maze and take the shortcut that will take me to the rectory when I realize that I am becoming a spirit and I run faster I make it to the middle of the maze before I collapse and the ring falls through my fingers and hits the ground. As I push my self off of the ground I feel an object in my pocket. I pull it out only to find my flute. I look around and whisper idiotá to myself because what had felt like minutes was really years and my body was probably burried by the tower house. I am Logan Munro and I have no idea how I was killed, I am forced to wander the earth until the spell is broken.