The Beginning

It's reaping day. I wake up knowing I have my name in 42 times, my chance of getting picked are high. To clear my mind I find Katniss in the woods. I bring some fresh bread for us to have,luxury on my possible last day in district12. I see that Katniss is trying to bring a deer to her family, for fun I scare the deer away. "Damn you Gale!" Katniss yelled. "What are you going to do with a 140 pound deer?" She sees the bread in my hand and exclaims "Gale is this real!?!" She takes half of the bread and stuffs it in her mouth. She looks so cute when she does things like that.
I toss a grape into her mouth and I say "May the odds". Katniss finishes with " Be ever in you favor." We do this every year before the reaping.  We imitate Effie Trinket saying those words after she gives the speech of Panem and the war.
         It is almost time for the reaping. I try to play it cool, even though I am scared I will be put in the death pit the capital calls a reminder. I walk home and my mother is crying. She knows how many times I put my name in, she knows if I get picked she may not ever see me again, she knows if I get picked she will run out of game. I hold back my tears because I don't want my mom to know I'm scared. " I have your clothes ready" mom says with a sniffle. I go to my bed and see a blue shirt and a pair of pants laid out. They must have been washed. I rub dirt of my face and body. My mom is yelling it is time. I take a deep breath and walk out the door.
       My blood is taken by a peace keeper. I walk into a crowd of boys from age 12 to 18. They all have the chance of being put in the games. One boy to my left is crying, I try to calm him down but I hear Effie tapping on the microphone. She gives her speech about Panem and talks on and on . I see Katniss, I mouth to her " It will be okay." She replies " I know."

Omg this is my first chapter of my first book😝😝 I will be publishing more chapters and keep checking in for more!!! Special thanks to Kenziecakes333 for editing!!! See y'all later. Happy holidays!! Btw sorry for the short chapter!