AMELIA THE HELLHOPPER

[Recording begins]

Pre-mission briefing Journal, entry #1

This is the first log of Squire Amelia Fitzherbert of the 23rd Expeditionary fleet.

This is my first drop since my graduation, which was a standard month ago. Now I'm only doing this cuz I have to. Doc Mitchell said he'd discharge me if I didn't obey.

First off, I hate the fact that HQ told me almost nothing about the drop. All they said was "Get your gear and then to your egg", "make sure them entomorphs get what's coming to them" and "You'll get the rest when you get there."

I get that there's a need to keep some things secret, especially since we found out Gunny was a damned changeling, but I still wanna know where I'm dropping. Especially since I'm running solo. Sarge said it was too early, that greenhorns shouldn't get these solo assignments. He says they're hell, even for veteran hoppers. 

I think Sarge is just worried that he might lose the team, but I know the top brass wouldn't waste resources blindly. We're barely holding off as is. That's why we get these high-tech eggs, the suits and the guns. 

Well, that's all I have for the moment. Squire Amelia logging out, see you on the other side.

[Recording ends]

[Recording begins]

Post-mission briefing journal, Entry #2

The mission was simple recon on the north pole. I set up various transmitters and scanners. I didn't get to see any action, not even a stray bug. I just froze my ass for a while so that HQ can land those eggs easier. Mine landed three clicks from the target. Had this been a hard mission I would have been dead right after my egg dropped. 

Squire Amelia logging out.

[Recording ends]