Prologue

"These, you see, are the fallen angels. They are the ones who are reluctant to do anything. They are the ones who went through so much and cannot get past it. All angels are prone to falling, some at a faster pace than others. Some angels fall the day after they're born; some angels fall the day after they die. And, you see, the day I fall is the day you step in for me, Mariya. You see, I am your guardian angel. Mariya, I'm falling soon. I have all the symptoms. You have to leave your family, Mariya." Tia spoke to me, making sure I understood every word she said. She pointed to the group of black winged creatures that looked like humans. Those were the fallen angels. They wore all black; black lipstick, black clothes, black shoes, there hair was even black. They all had a pale white complexion, and their halos were matte.

"Tia, I know you mean well. But me? A guardian angel? I can't even take care of my 4 siblings, you expect me to be able to watch over someone's life and save it? I don't know if I can do this. I haven't even been trained. I'm sorry, but is there any way I can get out of this?" I asked, looking around confused.

I couldn't do this. I couldn't. I was too irresponsible.

"Mariya, look at me. You CAN do it. I thought the same thing when I got pulled by my guardian angel, Sarah. She fell 9 years ago, and soon enough I'm falling. Let me give you a tour. So these, over here, are the angels that haven't yet fallen," Tia pointed to a group of angels on the other side of the big room, "They each watch over someone. Usually they watch over a child from their country. You will watch over your cousin that your aunt Lileishka is pregnant with. You will guide her through her pregnancy, and you will keep that woman alive. Get it?"

All of a sudden, we heard a scream. "Patrick, get that. Code 504, angel falling. I repeat, 504, angel falling." Tia yelled out to the angels, and I watched as others helped secure the angel who is falling. He didn't look a day over 30. "Get him to room 8! Now, Patrick. Hey, Mariya, want to see an angel fall?" Tia asked me, not waiting for an answer, following behind the group of angels bringing the falling angel to the room.

"Any names yet, boys?" a woman who looked about 50 directed to the group of men working on the computers.

"Yes, his name was Darell Markov, from Moscow, Russia. Angel #82569726." the man on the computer replied. I gasped loudly, as thoughts raced through my head of black hair.

All of a sudden, we were in a dark room with pastel blue walls. I saw a chair. The men started strapping down the angel, Darell, and poked him in the arm with a needle.

"You see, Mariya, this needle vanishes all of his memories. When an angel falls, they have one traumatizing memory of when they were human and not an angel. This memory pierces their thoughts- they can't get it out of their head. The needle helps so that they don't have other memories that scare them." Tia explained to me, and as confused as I was, I seemed to understand that part.

"Tia, I know this boy. He was my cousin; they said he died in a car crash. Tia, why did he look so different before he fell?" I asked, tears brimming my ocean blue eyes. I couldn't help it; we were very close.

"Mariya, this man wasn't ever your cousin. Mariya, he had to have been an escaped angel."

If he escaped, then as soon as I became an angel, I would, too.

__________________________________________________________________

Hi omg so this is the prologue yay. Anyway this story probably sucks but oh well it popped into my head in English class the other day and I have been so ready to upload it. Anyway, I'll probably update next week. Okay so yea I hope you all have a great week and stuff, pce.

-Lynda xx