ONE

~Eridan's POV~

  "Kar, wwait for me! Kar!" I yelled after my Matesprit. Karkat turned around, a lopsided grin plastered on his face.
"WHAT IS IT, ERIDAN?" he ran his pointer finger along the edge of his sickle with my drying blood still on it.
"I wwanted you to stop so I could keep up. Speakin' a talkin', I wwanted to tell you that I feel reely bad aboat krillin' ya." I shuffled my feet. Kar walked back to me and lifted my head up with his hand. I leaned against it and looked at him.
"ERIDAN, IT'S ALRIGHT. WE ALL NEED TO SACRIFICE SOMETHING IMPORTANT AT POINTS IN OUR LIVES. BUT LOOK, I'M STILL ALIVE, AS THE KNIGHT OF BLOOD!" he winked at me and moved his hand to the back of my head, running his fingers through my hair. I leaned forward and kissed him, wrapping my arms around his lower back and grabbing his cape in both hands. When we pulled away I lifted his cape over his head and covered his face so he couldn't see.
"HEY, FUCK! WHAT THE ACTUAL SHIT, ERIDAN?!" he yelled, hands out and trying to find me.
I lifted up the part of his cape that was covering his face and kissed his forehead. "Lovve you," I let the cape go so it covered both of our heads. "Did I mention that your shoes look like they wwere dyed wwith my blood?"
Kar rolled his eyes. "YES. AS SOON AS I STAGGERED OFF MY QUEST BED IN GOD TIER GARB. AND DID I MENTION THE FACT THAT I CRIED WHILE KILLING YOU?"
I shook my head and Karkat rested his head against my chest, listening to my heartbeat. I tossed the cape off us, running my fingers through the mutant blood's hair.
"YOUR PANTS ARE POOFY."
"No shit."
"Your hair's vvery soft."
"THANKS? I WASH IT LIKE THE REST OF US."
"I knoww, just sayin'."
He squeezed my shoulder. I looked down at him. "Yes?"
"WERE YOU TELLING THE TRUTH WHEN YOU SAID THAT I AM THE ONLY THING GIVING YOU HOPE?" he looked up at me, pulling my tier hood down.
"A course. I'd nevver lie to my Matesprit." I noticed bright red tears in his eyes. "Are you goin' to cry, Kar?" He responded by burying his face in my chest. "It's alright.." I ruffled his hair.
Karkat sniffed and looked up at me with a few tears still falling. I wiped one away with my thumb and smiled. "LET'S GO MEET THE OTHERS."
I nodded. "Let's go." I took his hand started walking, my short Matesprit in tow. He swung our hands back and forth, smiling absentmindedly. My only hope, I thought, is keeping me sane because he is my world.