INTRO

BEST FRIENDS 4NEVER is a New Adult bxb thriller about two star high school football players based on actual events that occurred in my life during the summer before my senior year of high school

BEST FRIENDS 4NEVER is a New Adult bxb thriller about two star high school football players based on actual events that occurred in my life during the summer before my senior year of high school. This was the year when same-sex marriage was legalized in America, an event that is featured in the story as the two main characters take part in some notable events of that day.  I've taken liberties with timelines and history in order to facilitate a quick-moving story as the two boys get caught up in the LGBTQ culture wars that exploded in the USA that summer in reaction. 

Things had calmed down somewhat from the old homophobic days of yore preceding the twenty-teens, but Marriage Equality becoming an actual 'thing' set the fires burning again and the haters hating. We see this every day now, LGBTQ books being banned in school libraries, performance laws being mandated against drag queens, transgender people being attacked at every level of their existence, videos on TikTok and YouTube spreading queer hatred by angry conservative pundits, and veiled threats by similar politicians to do away with the Obergefell v. Hodges decision same as they have done with Roe v. Wade.

Young LGBTQ people have to deal with this on a level never experienced before. Because of the wide-spread acceptance of  queerness starting with the new millennium and fired on by the social media explosion of the twenty-teens, everything queer is being majorly embraced and celebrated today as well as equally, if not more, attacked and demeaned. And totally right in your face. Everyone is part of a queer story nowadays and there is no getting away from it. Millennials are identifying as LGBTQ at 16% now here in the twenty-twenties, up from the 4% of previous generations in the past, and Gen z and Alpha are expected to be even higher. There is no stopping Gay Liberation and the truth that LGBTQ orientations are normal human behavior, but there is  an insidious, dangerous backlash to it smouldering like a volcano on the religious and political right.

Within this book lies all the heat, passion, drama, and excitement bxb is known for, heavily mixed with the joy, love, lust, and yet the angst, fear, danger, and often devastating reality of Coming Out and Coming of Age in the current LGBTQ culture-wars landscape of the USA.   Now in its eighth year on Wattpad, the book is a former #1in LGBTQ (twice) and also has been #1 in numerous related tags often for weeks or months at a time. It was also the #1-read book on the prestigious Gay Authors website almost every week it was featured there by request. My thanks to all the fans and readers who have kept the book so popular through the years, and I hope you'll be one of them