Chapter 1: Rainbow Dash visits Sugarcube Corner

It was a nice and sunny day in Ponyville. Ponies were outside doing what ponies do. Some were walking, others had been working while the fillies were playing.

Rainbow Dash was invited to Sugarcube Corner earlier this morning. Now, at 10:30 AM it was time for a snack. No, not any snack would do but one with sugary goodness. Pinkie Pie had always loved cupcakes. She kept coming up with new flavours and once it became a hit, she would write it down and then add it to the list of other cupcake recipies that were baked and sold inside Sugarcube Corner.

Rainbow had checked the clock tower which was near the train station and had not been running late. She entered the bakery and saw Pinkie Pie getting a full tray of scrumptous chocolate treats out of the oven when all of a sudden she noticed that a certain cyan pegasus was at the counter. The earth pony with the megenta mane placed the tray on the counter and bounced over to her friend. She was still wearing her apron which had quite a few chocolate stains on it.

"Hi, Dashie" the Pink pony said. "Hello Pinkie Pie" Rainbow Dash replied.
"I have a cupcake here with your name on it" Pinkie showed it to Rainbow and she wasnt about to make Pinkie upse because cupcakes were not really her thing. The cupcake was Blue and Yellow. A combination of Blueberry and Banana with a chocolate fudge center. Rainbow ate it all and it actually didnt taste half bad. "Wow, that was really delicious" Rainbow Dash told Pinkie with a smile apon her cheeks.

There was a little bit of chocolate on her lip and Pinkie Pie moved a little closer to Rainbow Dash. "Thanks alot but I really gotta go now" Dash explained. "You only just got here and I didn't invite you here just to eat a cupcake, silly" "So why did you invite me then, huh? Rainbow questioned as she looked right at Pinkie in her eyes. They were beautiful swirls which were light blue- just like the color of the sky in which Dash loved to fly.

"I have a secret. A secret which I feel in my heart you need to know, Dashie" Pinkie confessed. "Ok but cant you tell me later ?" "Rainbow asked
"No, it absolutely cannot wait" Just then Pinkie Pie's Pinkie sense was tingling. Wiggly tail, woozy body, shaking hooves and a twitchy nose. She had never got this one before and was quite a doozy.

After it was over Pinkie continued. "The secret is... I love you" Rainbow dash gasped. She didnt know what to say. Rainbow liked Pinkie as a friend but as a Marefriend? She never even had one before! Rainbow Dash didnt know how to break it to her so she had to figure out an escape plan. There was an open window and she just flew to it without saying a word. Just before she escaped, she turned to see a very sad pink pony crying.

She felt so awful of what she done but at the same time she couldnt wait to leave so a few seconds later Rainbow Dash turned away and whispered "Goodbye, Pinkie Pie" and she flew away, unwillingly leaving behind a blue feather which fell down into the bakery. Pinkie Pie sobbed and sobbed until she saw that feather from the corner of her tear filled eyes. Pinkie got up and picked up the feather. "Oh Dashie, why dont you love me?"