Will it remain

Sandcastles.Will.Remain

A man and his son arrive at a beach to play in the sand.  After unloading the car the man turns to his son and suggests that they build a sandcastle together.  Filled with excitement the son grabs the necessary tools and runs down to the shore.  He begins filling bucket after bucket with wet sand as he digs a moat.  The father, having done this before, invites his son to move up the beach because he sees that the tide is out.  In just a few hours it will return and once again consume the part of the beach that the son has already began to construct upon.  Filled with excitement the son ignores his father and continues to fashion the castle.  Carving out windows, court yards, and doorways this castle quickly becomes a master piece.  The son becomes filled with awe and as his father reaches out his words fall upon deaf ears.  The draw bridge is set, the flag flies high, and the castle is complete.  The son turns around with a smile on his face seeking the approval of his father yet the father is busy building a castle of his own.  "Daddy, daddy" the son yells, "look what I have done!"  As the son turns around to point at his castle he notices that it has been consumed by the rising tide.  With each crashing wave the son's hard work is washed out to sea.  With tears in his eyes the son feels the embrace of his fathers arms.  "Daddy, daddy... it was a masterpiece.  I wish you could have seen it."  The father kneels down, fills a pail with the remains of his son's creation, and says, "Can you help me finish my castle?"

My Father has given me every tool I need to get the job done and in my ignorance I charge into battle alone to complete the task.  This is an invitation to myself and to those who have ears to hear.  Our kingdom's will wash away but his Sandcastles.Will.Remain