01. the pizza girl

Chapter One
aubrey's POV

"Hello?" I rang the doorbell for the third time. If you're going to order pizza you might as well answer the damned door. About to give up, a guy in a grey suit answered the door. I've never delivered pizza to a mansion before but here I was, I could only imagine what a dick he would be.

"Sorry, my housekeeper isn't working today and I forgot I had to answer the door." He said, digging money out of his Gucci wallet. His sleeves came up a little and I saw that he had tattoos, a lot of them from what I could tell.

"Here you are." He looked up at me, handing me a 100 dollar bill and suddenly his neutral expression went away and was replaced with a depressed angry look.

"Is there something wrong sir?" I resisted rolling my eyes at him. His eyes on the other hand were hypnotizing. I wondered who his parents were that he got blessed with such amazing genes.

"No, no it's nothing. You're just.. never mind." He softly chuckled as if what I said was funny, but tears brimmed his eyes indicating otherwise. It would have been weird but I didn't think it was at all. I thought there was something to this stranger in a grey suit, but he was probably just an asshole making fun of a girl his age working as a pizza delivery girl while he sits in a mansion wondering where his housekeeper is.

"Sir are you okay?" My voice grew shaky as it was suddenly nerve wrecking to talk to this guy.

"It's Holden." He took the two pizzas from my now nearly burnt hands. I know he didn't think about how they were burning my hands but I still think it's inconsiderate to make the scrawny 22 year old girl hold three boxes while he stands there staring and laughing at me.

"Okay, well have a nice night Holden." I smiled nervously at the handsome asshole of a man in front of me.

"Yeah." He smirked and closed the door, leaving me overpaid but still not satisfied, and somehow in a sightly worse mood than when I rang the doorbell just three minutes ago.

I was slightly happy that I was almost off though, as long as nobody ordered in the next twenty minutes I was done for the night and back to looking for a real job.

I walked away from his door and into my car that had a big Domino's logo slapped on the top. I pulled out of his long ass driveway and drove extra slow on my way back to work, listening to Ed Sheeran and singing along.

I arrived back at work 10 minutes later, and the light was still on, meaning I had another damned delivery. Who wants pizza at 2 am I mean besides me, I can always eat pizza. Come to think of it, I was starving.

"Max, do I have to deliver it!?" I yelled as soon as I came in the door. Max is a good friend of mine, I think he might be gay, but he's cute. He made the pizzas and had the same shift I was on, we didn't get many deliveries from 10-2 am, so it was just me and him most nights. Max is about 18 and he's like a little brother to me, his dad is the owner of this Domino's.

"Yes, Aubs i'm sorry. One pizza to that same address you were just at, then you can just go home from there." He shouted from the back, as the oven beeped indicating the pizza was done. Why the hell did that guy want another pizza, it was just him there apparently because he had to answer the door. Such an asshole, he probably thinks this shit is funny.

"That guy's a weirdo." I sighed, sitting on the counter as he made his way to me and handed me the pizza. I handed him the 100 to break change and leave what the pizza's cost in the register. He handed me the change back.

"That's a lot of money Aubrey." He chuckled. "Did you do more than deliver pizza?" He smirked.

"No!" I playfully hit him on the arm. "I'll see you tomorrow kid." I smiled at him and ran to my car because it was raining now. Hopefully this isn't the hurricane they were calling for tomorrow.

-----

I rang the doorbell to the huge mansion that I could only imagine i'd get lost in. Unlike last time the asshole whatever he said his name was... Heather? But who names their son Heather... anyway he answered the door very quickly this time.

"Sorry, I forgot one," He quirked an eyebrow. I couldn't help but notice those eyes of his again. They were literally hypnotizing, bright green, so beautiful.

"Yeah, that's 12 dollars sir." I tried not to look at him again, every time I did I couldn't get my eyes to look anywhere but on him, maybe I was drooling but I couldn't tell ya if we're gonna be honest. I barely noticed that there was a hurricane going on around me.

I was getting soaked (from the rain, get your mind out of the gutter), it was raining really hard now and the wind made it nearly impossible to stand.

"I don't think you can drive in this... do you want to come inside? I promise i'm not as much of a creep as I seem to be." He took the pizza, and held out his other hand for me to take it. I was going to decline but a huge bang scared me, I looked over and the dominos sign on my car was now on the ground and no longer lit up. Hopefully he won't murder me I thought as I took his hand and went into his huge house, if you would even call it a house.

////
okay so thats chapter one and i've tried very hard on this so please give me feedback!! 15 reads and/or give me a few days for chapter two!!
i know this chapter isn't the greatest but i promise it will get better as it goes on!