Chapter 1

Emily's POV

"WHY?! WHY DO YOU HURT ME?!?!" I screamed, tears rolling down my soft cheeks.

"BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT! YOU DONT GIVE ME THE RESPECT THAT I DESERVE!" My dad yelled. And with that he hit me so hard that I blacked out. Not remembering a thing.

I woke up the next morning, as i sat up i cringed in pain. i walked into the bathroom and took off my shirt. when i looked in the mirror my entire sholder was black and blue. damn. that jack ass hurt me again, im so done with his shit. i cant deal with this. Not when my mom isn't here to help me threw it. She died from cancer when i was little. After she died is when my dad started abusing me. 

 I had to sell my 8 year old race horse, Atom Splitter. He went somewhere in Colorado. I need him back. He was the only reason I am still alive. I was so close to killing myself, but I knew I couldn't cause my mom was gone. And my dad would have beaten him. Now I have no reason to be here. Nothing keeping me from staying. I have to get out of this mad house.

I pack up some clothes, food, and some shoes. As i creap out to the barn i hear a noise coming from the house, i break into a run and as i make it into the barn i grab a bridle. Not needing a saddle i jump onto Indys back and kick her in to a gallop. My father ran out of the house with a rifle in his hands (he was still kind of drunk) and fired 3 times. 

A/N sorry for the short chapters. new chapters coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!