Game Over

A minute and 36 seconds on the clock. 3 pts is all we needed with the score being 79-77. Coach James called the final time out. I've done this shot millions of times but being the championship game there is only one chance no retakes. Coach James was ready and had the final play layed out.
"Jerry. When you in bound the ball to Kevin he's gonna take it down court. Kevin once you have taken the ball down the court pass to Brian who's gonna pass it to Eric, who's gonna get it to Anthony in order to take the shot. Anthony the entire game depends on that shot we need you to score."
I suddenly felt the weight of the entire world fall on my shoulder's.
"I got it coach."
I heard the whistle blow signaling the game clock. Jerrys pass to Kevin was an infinite success. Kevin wasting no time taking the ball down court. The clock struck 60, a minute left Kevin passing to Brian who quickly passes to Eric but he was trapped. Eric couldn't get the ball to me he couldn't get the ball anywhere. With on 20 seconds left he fakes the shot and finally delivers the ball to me. I try to shake the dude off me but he was fast enough to keep up with me. I finally got him with the step back. The clock still going three, two, I jump for the shot as the defender gets up. One the ball touches straight net as it goes in for the win. After 8 years the Landover Lions have finally won the state championship by defeating the Brownstone Bulldogs. I felt like the greatest man in the world as over 15 college Basketball scouts watched my Junior year performance.
"That was some shot Anthony." I heard walking into the locker room.
"Who are you?" I said in shock as to why the mysterious man new my name.
"Im Nick Sader. Scout for North Carolina University and I was watching your game very closely. Your team work and skills are exactly what the Tar Heels are looking for."
"Thank You."
"No don't thank me for your skills instead how would you like to show them off and get you a scholarship into our University."
"That sounds amazing." I replied with excitement.
"Great. Since your last year
is next year we will be holding a summit where our player will be randomly drafted onto teams of 5 those teams will compete for scholarships into our university."
"I've never heard of a tournament like that for college scholarships." I said in confusion.
"Yes but being the college that accepted Michael Jordan and got him drafted to the NBA we get over millions of college applications a year. So we created this tournament in order to get the best players drafted to our school."
"Ok I see what you guys are trying to accomplish with the tournament and with that being said in the next year I will gladly participate in your tournament."
"It will be our plesure. In the mean time here is my business card please keep in touch."
"Of course Mr.Sader." I said watching him leave the locker room.
Finally its was time to go home I was always the last one to leave the locker room if it wasnt for coach I would probably be the one locking it up to. I heard my Iphone ringing in my bag playing my davorite song No Way by Young Thug. I answered with no rush still jamming to the song.
"Hello."
"Hey babe sorry I missed your game but I had alot to do tonight."
"It's alright but you did miss my game winning shot." I answered her I loved her so if she misses my games it's no big deal to me.
"Baby way to go." She answered so cheerfully.
"Hey, You." I heard calling from across the street but I completely ignored the voice abd kept walking.
"Yeah babe, and a scout from North Carolina approached me today."
"What I'm so happy for you."
Hey Bitch I was talking to you." I turned around to see a face I remember.
"Who you calling a Bitch, nigga." I said reconizing the boy who I scored the wining point on. "Didn't I already whip your ass in Baskesball you want a physical ass beating too." I said with a smug look on my face. Being from Englewood Chicago of course I knew how to fight.
" Nah fuck that fight this." He said as he pulled out a Glock and immediately started firing.
"Babe whats going on I heard Mariah call through the phone. "Babe?" "Babe noo!"