Chapter 1

(Skater boy by Avril Lavigne plays)

"hello?"

"Mazz, I...I have something to tell you and Kenzi"

"ok ill get her now...were are you anyway?"

"I'll tell you in a minute...go get your sister"

"ok be right back" I put the phone down my desk and ran to my little sister Kenzia's room and knocked on her door

"hey Ken, mum's on the phone"

"be there in a sec" she jumped off her bed and walked out the door, she stopped and turned to close the door then followed me to my room.

"ok mum we're both here what did you wanna talk to us about?"

"me and your father have just been told that you and Kenzia are going into foster care...I'm so sorry"

"bu..but why?" Kenzia stuttered on the verge of tears

"because  your dad's too ill to help me look after you and I can't do it alone i mean I've been at the hospital for three days and had to leave you two at home on your own "

Kenzi was crying to much to talk so she ran out of the room and after a few minutes i heard the front door slam.

as the echo of the front door being slammed shut i turned back to the phone that lay on my bed and in anger i said"Dawn I never want to see or speak to you EVER again"

"Mazz wait..."

I didn't wait for her to speak again and  hung up the phone and almost threw it across the room in a bind rage, as i ran out the house to find Kenzia. i left the house and knew where she would go where she felt safe, so i headed  to her special place in the forest. 

the forest was just behind our house not far, Kenzia's special place lay just a bit further in than the house it was a little shack that dad had built for us in our earlier years and has seemed to with stand time only moss has gown as well as brambles and nettles had grown around the little shack it had gave us so many fond memories, as i headed in to the shack and sat in the corner was Kenzia crying silently and shaking with anger and fear. As i slowly walked up to her i knelt down next to her and said "KENZIA please come back to the house it worries me when you do this i promise that i wont let them split us up"

When we were kids I was always making potions and most of the time they went wrong and Kenzia was always fighting with dad it was so easier back then before dad got ill. then things got harder, when we were 12 we had started to fight the enemies on our own.

Conner ( POV )

I had to leave the house. the boys were really pissing me off, as usual

as soon as I got out the door I shifted and ran towards the woods then I realised my beta was following me I turned and growled at him "Jc why are you following me go home I am going for a run cause everyone is pissing me off about the finding my mate and I cant go and look at every girl in the country"

"bro I know how you feel they say the same to me so what can we do about it"  then i smelt the most amazing scent, so i 

"wait I can hear somebody they are straight ahead shall we go check it out"

Jc (POV)

"yea lets go" we both started running but then I stopped. I had a strange feeling in my chest

"Oi, Connor!" I said. he trotted up to me

"what is it mate?" he asked

"I...I think I can sense my mate. she is in the direction of the people you can hear"

"I think I can sense mine too" then we heard a loud bang

"what the hell?" we asked each other and sprinted towards the noise.
when we got there we found two girls one was crying and the other was trying to comfort her but the girl sitting down was throwing rocks in all directions without touching them it was confusing me then one came flying towards us and hit me on the tall and i went flying in to a bush with a loud bark.

Kenzia (POV)

during my rant of throwing rocks in all directions we heard a loud bark coming from behind us. we instantly stood up and looked in the direction that the bark came from. we saw a brown wolf wining at a bush.

"what the hell?" Mazz asked. we ran towards the wolf. as we reached it another one walked out of the bush shaking his head and limping. it reached the path and collapsed. the first wolf didn't see us as we silently crouched by a tree root. when the smaller wolf collapsed the bigger one turned into a human. I looked over at Mazz but she wasn't there. I looked back towards the wolf/man and saw her running over and putting her jacket over the man. well he wasn't a man, he looked about Mazz's age.