Expect the Unexpected

Lauren's POV

"Lauren so I might have a baby for you, one of the expecting mothers viewed your profile and she wants to meet with you." Ally the adoption agent said over the phone.

I couldn't suppress my excitement I've been waiting for a while to get this call. I've been really lonely as of late and I really wanted someone so I decided to have a baby on my own but I found out that I wasn't able to have a child, so adoption was best option.

"Really Ally, does she want to meet right now because I could be there in ten." I said eager.

"Sure, she here right now I'm going over something's with her so come on down." She says.

I was so excited. "Alright I'll be right there." I said.

"I'll see you when you get here." She said and I hung up the phone.

I grabbed my things then I said goodbye to my pug, Humphrey, then I left the house eager to meet the woman who could be potentially giving birth to my kid.

When I got to the agency the excitement I felt turned to nerves I was so nervous now, what if she took one look at me and decide that she doesn't want to give her child to me. Now I was racked with anxiety and my hands wouldn't stop shaking, it's just that I really wanted to have a kid and this could be my chance to have a child and I didn't want to fuck it up.

I went into the building and was redirected to this meeting room to wait for Ally and the birth mother. I rubbed my hands in my pants because they were extremely sweaty I was so nervous. When the door opened to the room I took a breath this was the moment of truth I think this one meeting will determine whether or not I become a mother.

Ally stepped into the room with a pregnant young woman followed behind her, she was gorgeous and she already had a smile on her face.

"Hello Lauren, this is Camila." Ally introduced.

I stood and offered a sweaty hand to her. "Hi Camila it's nice to meet you."

She takes my hand. "It's nice to meet you too Lauren." She said a smile still plastered on her face.

"I'm going to leave you two to get acquainted." Ally said.

Wait was she suppose to leave us like this, isn't she suppose to be like a buffer. I guess not because she left and Camila and I took a seat and I looked at her she was very noticeably pregnant, her hands went up to her belly causing me to break the trance I had on it and I met her gaze.

"I'm sorry, I'm a bit nervous." I admitted.

"I could tell by your sweaty palms." She pointed with a smile.

I laughed. "Yes my palms are really sweaty."

"I'm nervous too; it's not every day you talk to someone who could potentially raise your child." She acknowledged.

That's right I never thought she'd be nervous but she had more reason to be nervous than I did.

"So how are you feeling?" I asked.

"Apart from being nervous I feel good and pregnant." She answered.

I really liked her so far and we only exchanged a few words.

"When is your due date?" I continued with the questions, I wanted to know everything.

"I'm due in November so I still have a while to go." She shared.

She really did have a way to go it was just the middle of August.

"Do you know what you're having?" I asked not that it mattered.