Prologue

The year is 1963. Gloomy streets. Grayscale photos. And, possibly, hospitals - everywhere.

Feliciano was beginning to think they had forgotten about him, that everything was over, that he didn't have to go to Absinthe Crest after all. Besides, he had done nothing wrong.

After two weeks of not hearing of Absinthe Crest, the "hospital", as Sir Francis called it, Feliciano was feeling safer. You needn't worry about yourself,  he thought to himself. It's already been two weeks.

But no; they weren't finished with him yet. Not long after he was in a carriage and climbing up the hill to the gloomiest place in all of Italy...Absinthe Crest.

The asylum.

The place where the ill go.

The place of danger.

The place of sadness.

The place of fear.

What had he done to deserve to be deserted? Here he was, being taken to a hospital where the patients are "cleansed with the power of God."

He wasn't even in an affair. Never drank. Was a virgin all his life. Really, what  had  he done?

Suddenly, as he was stepping out of the carriage and eyeing the large walls, Feliciano was starting to think that God had betrayed him. That no one was beside him, no one to fight for him. His own religion had betrayed him.

But you cannot turn back time.

One thing is for sure, Feliciano thought, everything will come unexpectedly.