Perfect

Prologue - 

Perfect little houses 

In a perfect little town 

On a perfect little street 

With perfect little yards 

Inside the perfect houses 

Lived perfect lovely families 

Full of perfect lovely people 

With perfectly crazy minds.

My mom used to call me her favorite. In my five year old mind I truly believed I was. I believed the perfect little lie. I was the third youngest of four children, we were all supposed to be perfect; lovely, with manners, proper dressing on Sunday mornings, a dog in the yard as children run through a sprinkler. We were all supposed to conform to the idea of conformity of perfection. We all did except for the ugly ducking, we all did except for me. I wasn't the only imperfect one, but I was the only one who had evident flaws.  

The eldest of us was Madeline, she was beautiful prim and proper. My eldest, Austin, brother was a stunner, handsome with a perfect smile, a future that shined brighter than the sun and was worth more than gold. My youngest brother, Hunter, was the lovable jerk, talented at whatever sport he dared to try. I, I can't go into woods due to my anxiety, encountered the cops several times, I've run away with the worst of the worst, I self harmed and my scars turn purple when I'm cold. My skin is not pale nor tan, it's a marble, and cold sometimes it red and Caucasian colored, other times its purple and white. I have bags that look like I went one a lottery sized shopping spree under my dead green eyes. I have hair that's flatter than the Great Plains colored brown with natural red highlights, most likely due to my Irish heritage. I'm the least athletic, and I take no interest in school. I trust nobody, not a soul. My heart has grown cold with dangerous, fury and wrath building up, ready to explode like lava in a dormant volcano. I have a bitter past that haunts me. My father's words a demon in my mind. I dislike when people touch me, if I had to tell you how long it's been since I received even a hug it would be nearly 2 years. Family events I'm typically forgotten, I hide away in my room; nobody can hurt me there. I have two friends Starlene, oh lovely, beautiful, 'perfect, Starlene and her boyfriend Joan.

Things for me have fallen apart. 

I live with a perfectly dangerous man 

In a perfectly falling apart house 

On a perfectly dead street 

With a perfectly burnt up yard 

With a perfectly broken family  

With a perfectly tattered mind