Quinn

"This is beyond crazy, I don't think I've ever been pushed out of my comfort zone so far before"

Jordan's displeased face looked at his reflection with horror, this suit pressed to far into his already prominent ribs and curved down his body like a uncomfortable black snake.

"I look like a gay stripper"

"Trust me Hun, a stripper would spend around an hour trying to get out of THOSE"

My mothers cackle distracted him from his hideous attire, Jordan tried laughing but the wind in his lungs had already been squeezed out of him.

He tried to sort out his birds nest, grabbing hairspray and running a comb through the deep roots of his blonde hair.
Jordan played with each strand, twirling it around his thin fingers and the comb like trying to make them dance...

Far away bells chimed to call to the town that it was now 12, the sweet long music lifting peoples spirits.

"We best go, we don't want to be late!"

The bow that had been neatly re-tied 20 times (23 to be exact) was slightly crooked and the loud voice stored away in Jordan's mind starting screaming at his imperfection.

Quickly but with quality, he readjusted the bow.

Perfect.

Smiling at his handiwork, Jordan followed his mother down the much-to-narrow staircase to the blood red front door.

"Ready?" His mother asked twisting the gold door handle lightly between her fingers.

"Always"

----------------------------------------------------

Jordan lent against the cream stone doorway, crossing his arms and legs to lean more into the frame.

He watched all the people dancing and laughing after the wedding, people cheering as the groom lifted the love of his life into the air, high above all the other dancing couples.

Sighing heavily than needed, Jordan leaned his head as well as his body onto the stone, wincing at the coldness but not being bothered to move to a more pleasing position.

"What a drag eh?"

Jordan turned to his right so quickly he felt his suit jacket catch onto a part of the frame, he panicked and tried stepping away from the doorway, when he heard the ear piecing rip of over priced fabric.

Scrunching his eyes, Jordan felt with his opposite arm over to where he guessed the rip was, feeling the large tear in the sleeve.

"I'm so... so sorry I didn't mean to startle you like that... I.. I'll pay for the jacket"

Jordan looked up at the he guessed by his voice man, his face twisted with anger and...

That's when time stopped, everything moved slowly yet him and that man were speeding up.
He was in fact a boy, well not a young teenager like Jordan, but he wasn't yet a man, he was -Jordan guessed- 18 or 19, but his smooth, flawless skin made him age down a couple of years. He was dark, tanned a little to crisp, with a long black fringe that went all over his forehead.

"Such a mess" Jordan thought.

He was wearing a white shirt with overalls, but had undone the top few buttons showing off his hairless chest and worked muscles, his few tattoos being showed through the thin fabric and on his arms.

Instead of trousers, he wore black skinny jeans which were worn and torn at the knees, the hideous -in Jordan's eyes- fraying jeans made him look un-neat, like he had just come out of some trashy rockband that only ran on tits and heroin.

And yet while Jordan's OCD was carefully reaching breaking point... this man, or boy, had a unique beauty, his Carmel skin reflected the dim lights escaping from the other room and through the doorway, dancing in his thick black hair, down his neck into his tight fitted shirt.

Jordan was 100% into him.

"I'm Quinn"

Quinn? That sounds like the name Willy Wonka would call his son-in-law.

"Jordan... y..yeah Jordan my names Jordan"

Jordan stuck out his small, fray hand for this man to shake.

"Please to meet you, Jordan, bride or groom?"

"What?"

"Are you related or friends with the bride or groom"

"O...oh yeah I..."
Jordan stuttered awfully

"My mums sisters the groom... Uh I mean BRIDE, so she's my um aunty I guess you could say..."

Jordan winced at his own pitiful voice, he hated mistakes and imperfections, so why was he making so many?

He tried to think of how to save this miserable conversation.

"How about you?"

"Groom, me and his younger brother used to date see..."

"YOUR GAY?" Jordan asked too loud making a few people who were to drunk or to lazy to dance look in their direction.

Quinn only smiled.

"I am yes, is that a bad thing?"

"No no I love gay people... their so happy and colourful and..." Jordan stuttered on, tripping over his own tongue with every vowel.

Why was he making such a fuss? He was gay to just... on the inside.

"I think it's great you trying to find a new path in your sexual life... Oh GOD no I mean like in relationship terms, I mean... well... IM GAY so I don't mind gays at..."

Jordan winced.

Quinn only stood their, a mild expression plastered onto his face.

Then he laughed.

He was laughing AT Jordan.

Feeling of course, uncomfortable, Jordan rubbed his arm, looking away from the man bellowing his lungs into his face.

After wiping his tears, Quinn sighed and said
"I don't think I've ever heard such billshit in all my life"

Jordan looked up in disbelief.

"Jordan, I don't care your opinions on... people who enjoy the company of their own gender more to others, but you don't have to lie and say your gay to, you can't..."

"But I AM gay, I wasn't bullshitting" Jordan said in defence "I really am gay I just... haven't told anyone yet."

Quinn scratched the back of his neck in discomfort
"No one?"

"No one" Jordan repeated

"Apart from some stranger you met at a wedding" he giggled.

Jordan smiled brightly and looked down at how pointed shoes, hiding his blush.

"Don't worry..." Quinn said and leaned down to Jordan's hight, placing his lips against Jordan's left ear, bushing it slightly with his bottom lip.

"...your secret is safe with me."