Chapter 1

The room was filled with tension and the power radiating from each one of them was clearly indicating that they were the most powerful men alive and they were the part of a council everyone was so feared of. Nobody goes against the decision of council except for one, the Alpha king.

The council was eagerly waiting for King Grayson, as they were going to discuss the most crucial matters of the werewolf world. The problems with rogues were increasing day by day but the more alarming problem was there was a potential threat for a throne as well as the council. Threat from a certain female.

Everyone stood up as the door of the conference room opened and Alpha Grayson entered into the room, taking his place at the head of the table. Grayson Lancaster was 28 years old with 6 feet 4 inches of height, well built body,black hair ,square jaw and a cold heart. He was the most dangerous and ruthless Alpha alive, disobedience and disrespect to him would only secure a one way ticket to hell.

Grayson indicated them to take their seat and to begin. Alpha Mason,the Alpha of the Dark Shadow pack stood up and bowed his head in respect and cleared his throat and started talking.

"Your Highness, as you know we all have gathered here to discuss the two of the most important issues. First one is of rogues, there are many attacks have occurred in last few months, many of the packs were completely eliminated completely and some of us have also lost many of our warriors. we need to take some action immediately and the second one is Alpha Stone heart. "

"The female Alpha?"

Grayson asked surprisingly. Alpha Stone heart was the only female alpha of the century and she was the youngest one two. She had became an Alpha before Grayson had taken up his title. She was the daughter of an Alpha of Moon Rising pack the most strongest pack of the north america.

"Yes Your highness. She has been attacking some small and weak packs to expand her territory. many of the werewolf's had lost their lives in her battles and she also taking up rouges in her pack. She needs to be stopped immediately. We should eliminate her as soon as possible. For all that we know she might be conspiring against the thrown, My king."

"That is not entirely true Your Highness."

Alpha Xander spoke up while standing and bowing his head. Asking for a permission to speak. Grayson nodded his head in agreement.

"This accusation is not entirely true Your Highness. I agree Eve has been taking up rouges in her pack but only women and children Your Highness. Those families which are separated due to the attack on their pack she takes up them, provides for them and trains them, She has only attacked on those packs where their alpha was cruel. An alpha who was torturing his pack members. She has never attacked on anyone without a reason."

"Is that so Alpha Xander, You seem to know quite a lot about Stone heart whereas no one has ever seen her face. Enlighten us Alpha Xander why so much of a secrecy that some of us do not even know her name, we know nothing about her except of the stories we have heard. Why she had never made any appearances in public, not even in the meeting of Alpha's, why there is always her father as a representative of Moon Rising pack."

"Her reasons of secrecy are known to only her,but i have a proposition to make in front of the council. i propose we make Eve an in charge of the attacks against the rogues,sort of an enforcer. We will request her to track the rogues and eliminate them. This will solve both of our problems ,the problem with rogues will come under control and we don't have to eliminate Eve. "

"And why do think it's a good idea Alpha Xander when we know she is sheltering rouges, they can easily betray her." Alpha Mason commented mockingly.

" Trust is a one thing no one can break when it comes to the matter of Eve Sanders, tell me Alpha Mason, how many of your pack members have a mates which are from Moon Rising pack?"

"fifteen"

"Yet you do not know even know her first name. Fascinating isn't it."

"what is so fascinating about it Alpha Xander?"

"We all know that you must have tried to find out some or any information about Alpha Eve from her former pack members yet you have got nothing Alpha Mason."

"I have heard both the sides, and i will take the decision regarding this matter. Now this council is dismissed. "

Grayson dismissed the council but he called Alpha Xander in his private chambers. This perticular female Alpha had perked up his interest. 

Grayson was in his office when his beta Jake announced Alpha Xander's arrival.

"Have a seat Alpha Xander."

He nodded towards the chair as Alpha Xander entered the room.

"Thank you, Your highness."

"Tell me Alpha, why are you so protective about Alpha Stoneheart? She is your mate?"

"Ohh... No,No your highness, she is like a daughter to me. She is my best friends daughter and I am simply looking out for her."

"Okay, but what I am curious about is how did she became Alpha?and why don't I know anything about it?"

"Your Father made her ,Your Highness."

"My father?"

"Yes Your Highness, you see circumstances were very bad for Moon rising pack in the later days of the ruling of its previous Alpha, that time Eve has requested to the king to intervene, he had decided to split the territory and merge it into Alpha Mason's and my pack but Eve was not ready for that so she decided to take the title but being the daughter of an Alpha she was not very much supported so she did the most stupidest thing ever. She challenged your father's decision ,she challenged him. Ohhh what battle it was, amazing."

"She challenged my father yet she is alive and an Alpha also I am sitting on a throne, How is that possible?"

Grayson asked confusingly, it was a common knowledge that if you challenge an Alpha the result is only victory or death but if you challenge a king it is death or throne, yet she was alive and not sitting on throne.

"well that you should ask to your father, it is not my place to say anything. Now if you allow I would like to take your leave."

Grayson nodded in agreement. Once Alpha Xander showed himself out he walk out of his office and went to his father's room, well he had lot of explaining to do.