Chapter 2

So far, I've been having the worst day ever. After an hour of social studies, the lunch bell finally rings and I get up to scurry through the halls. The halls are a mess of people which only forces you to continuously say sorry after bumping into someone.

A.K.A, high school.

I walk into the busy cafeteria trying to find my friends.

"Hey, loser!" Scarlett yells.

Scarlett and Grace are sitting at a table in the back corner or the room.

"Hey babe," Grace says as I walk up and sit beside them.

"Ugh, how's your day been?" I ask the other girls.

"Fine," they both respond.

"Why weren't you on the bus this morning?" Grace asks.

"Missed it, my mom was really pissed."

We eat our horrible cafeteria food and talk about the fact that my English teacher has major armpit stains. It's the second month of our junior year of high school and it already sucks. I've been late three times and one of my teachers made me write a page essay on why it's important to not be late. It pretty much went like this "I will never do it again and I'm so deeply sorry that I inconvenienced you and the rest of the class. Bla bla bla..." The teacher is a real hard ass.

"Lond, why is that boy staring at you?"

I look over my shoulder, to see where scarlet was pointing.

"Oh him? I ran into him this morning." London says, trying not to blush.

Why is he looking at me?

"Well he's super cute," Scarlet said and they both giggled.

" Oh stop it you two!"

They laughed even more, drawing attention to our table.

"Oh my god..." I look down, too embarrassed to show my face anymore.

"How is he cute? He looks like a giant muppet!"

My friends both look at each other. " A really cute muppet..."

" Scarlet!" The three of us laugh before we're rudely cut off by the bell telling us we have 5 minutes to get to class. Everyone at the tables starts packing up their stuff and heading out the cafeteria. I watch the boy, the one from earlier, get up from his table, where he sat all alone, and walk out of the cafeteria like the rest of the students. There is nothing about this boy that is special, I mean, he does have nice cheekbones... but other then that, he really isn't that attractive.

That is beside the point, now I have to get to class and study stupid social studies. Personally, other than math, social studies is the worst subject. I don't really care (no offence) about all the things that happened in the 1600, all I really care about is English. It is my favourite class, I get to read and write for 1:30 minutes every day. It's wonderful.