Prolouge

*Edited*

They said that when it would happen, there would be no possible way to prepare for it.

Whoever "they" were, couldn't have been more right.

We used to joke around about it, but now it's not funny. It's not a movie or TV show we watch. It's not a video game we play on a game station.

It's real life.

Funny how fake, scary stories can just be a funny joke until that same joke becomes reality.

We played video games about it, made jokes about it with our friends, and we even pretended it had happened. Some of us said that it would be easy to survive it, but we didn't know how hard it would be to find food, weapons, clean water to drink, and to get past THEM.

When it grew to where we live, I finally understood that my life was different now, and so was North America.

A REAL zombie apocalypse had started and it didn't take but a year for the continent North America to turn into an undead continent. After two years every thing turned to chaos. Building destroyed, the military created an infected scanner, people turned on each other for power, respect, food, water, or weapons, millions of innocent people...infected.

The other continents have decided to leave is to die you reduce the risk of spreading it into the entire world. The military has been taking 15 and older teens, into the military, to help them take out Lighters.

"Lighters" are the people in a group called "Light." They cause riots and have attacked the military men countless times. They think that they can make the world a better and safer place, but I know better than to believe them. The continent had turned to shit and no one, not a thing, could change that. Even though we know there's no saving it, most of us are still fighting and will keep fighting for our lives.

Unlike what we thought, zombies aren't the only problem we have. There were also demon hybrids, werewolves, vampires, and a very rare species called felines.

Werewolves were not at all what we thought. Most of them were good and protected humans. They do NOT eat humans, only animals. Werewolves also transform whenever they want, but their ears and tail stay out on a full moon. Werewolves have superhuman speed, endurance, strength, agility, and senses. Werewolves have a healing factor, immortality, wall crawling, night vision, and can shape shift.

Vampires are kind of like what we thought but have many differences. Vampires that drink human blood burn in the sun and vampires that drink animal blood don't burn in the sun. Vampires have superhuman speed, strength, and senses. Vampires have immortality and a healing factor that's slower than werewolves.

Felines are like werewolves but a cat version. Felines eyes go cat-like when angry, they have night vision, when they hiss their cat-like fangs come out, purrs when their hair is messed with, they have retractable claws, they are very flexible, perfect at parkour, can fit into small spaces, and they are very sneaky when they want to be. Felines have superhuman strength that is weaker than werewolves and demon hybrids, superhuman speed slower than demon hybrids, superhuman agility, immortality until lives run out, superhuman senses, and wall-crawler abilities. Like werewolves, on a full moon felines ears and tail come out. Felines have nine lives that regenerate every year. On their wrist, a tattoo of the number of lives they currently have goes down a number when the feline looses a life.

Demon hybrids are half human and half demon. Demon hybrids are all evil and they all hate felines for an unknown reason. Demon hybrids are the reason why felines are rare, and why there are less than thirty felines in the continent. Demon hybrids have superhuman strength, speed, agility, and senses.

Supernatural beings are being hunted down and killed by either Lighters or the military.

North America is an empty place full of regret, sorrow, pain, and death.

No one was prepared for the apocalypse, not even me.

No one can stop it. This is our life now, our world, and we can't escape it. All we can do is fight back and live through this.

And that's what we're going to do.