Reevaluate

Reevaluate
Note: this piece is long o, so read whenever you feel like, as long as it's before 2016!
The year has almost come to and end again. Just four more days. Earlier today, a friend wrote something that actually touched me. It was a reflection piece. So she inspired me to write something on my own reflection.
A lot of things have happened this year, a lot of crazy things. Wow.
So many people I love left me this year, I can't start counting.
Honestly i experienced a lot this year. My patience was tested, my academics was tested. My whole life was tested.
And sometimes I feel like I could have failed those tests if it wasn't for a lot of things. From January 1st, writing 1st semester exam. Failing biochemistry. I felt the worst in my entire life. I questioned myself! I questioned my existence. Lol. That sounds deep.
But I actually felt bad and I had an emotional breakdown for a while. Things around me didn't make sense anymore. But I got through that. Most people know my logo " look on the brighter side" I had to look on that side and move on. There was no use crying over spilt milk. In As much as a lot of people left, I also met new people. I got closer to a lot of them and some friendships just faded. Some were my fault and some weren't. All in all, I have decided to be a better person. I'm not a new year resolution person but this is a personal decision. Reevaluating my life.
I want to be a better friend, I want to be a better daughter. I don't give people my best. Trust me, if you knew my best you would be shocked. Also in this year, a lot of people took me for granted. I actually had two main crushes this year. But I was the one who got crushed.
Being a better person starts from within me. I need to be around people who see the best in me and who always acknowledge me. There's no use wasting your time on someone who doesn't appreciate you.
Well, I still did something's right. I learnt to be to ignore a lot of things. I learnt to be confident of who I am and what I have. I learnt to be very nice to people I don't know. I learnt to smile a lot. I learnt to always be there for your friends no matter what. I am proud of how far I have come and my dignity still stands. To those people who have a problem with me, tell me. It could be solved.
People are always going to say bad about you. Personally, it boosts my ego. I just want to be thankful for all of my friends and family. I actually think about you all and you might not believe it. I know 2016 is a huge surprise for me in a good way. No one needs to tell me what to expect. I already know. Always stay focused and please be close to God. Eventually, he's the owner of every single thing on earth. I hope we start being honest with each other and stop playing!
Stay blessed, be successful!
P.s: Hope I'm not the only one entering 2016 single sha😂