Chapter 1

"Take my hand" A gentle and sweet voice said.
     I couldn't quite figure out who was talking to me, all I saw was a hand reach out towards me. I grasped onto their hand and took a few steps forward, with each step I felt myself tighten up. It was like my body was trying to tell me to let go but I just couldn't, I had no control over my body whatsoever. Suddenly, my body was weightless and I felt the air hit my face, I had jumped off of what seemed like a cliff. That's when I felt a hand grab my face in a pleasant way, it was like a cloud had just kissed my cheek. I quickly then turned to see who was aside me and I saw her......Leona.
     "Leona...What are you doing?" i yelled, but she just shook her head like if she couldn't hear a thing I was saying.
     She placed her finger onto my lips and quietly whispered "Hush".
Leona was my next door neighbor that I knew ever since I was 5. She had beautiful long brown hair and the most amazing blue eyes. Her skin was very pale much like a porcelain doll but her cheeks were always pink. She always was a very blissful and calm person, which is what I loved about her.
Leona looked into my eyes and ran her fingers through my hair as she said, "Wake up".
I looked at her confused not knowing what she meant, this all seemed so real how could it possibly be a dream? I closed my eyes and then took a deep breath in. Once I had opened my eyes again I saw that I was back in my room, I looked to the left to check what time it was.
"Oh Shit, it's 8:00, I'm late" I yelled as I jumped out of bed.
I quickly raced to my dresser and threw whatever clothes I saw on. Then I grabbed my backpack and raced downstairs to get my breakfast when I was stopped by my mother Angela.
"Late again I see" she said as she read the newspaper.
"Yeah, I think maybe it's my alarm clock because it never rings" I said while eating a strawberry pop tart.
"Brandon, it's not your alarm clock trust me I can hear it every morning yet you still never wake up." she chuckled.
"oh well would it kill you to at least come and wake me up yourself?" I mumbled.
"well hurry up you're gonna be late for school AGAIN" she said in a stern voice.
"Yeah yeah, Bye mum" I grabbed my keys off the table and then ran off to my car.
As I was driving to school I noticed that Leona was driving ahead of me in her black Jeep, I honked to get her attention but she didn't seem to notice at all. I put my headphones in and continued to drive until I finally reached school.
     I attended one of the crappiest high schools ever, Verona Hills High School. Now it might seem like just a regular school, but trust me it's not. The food here sucks, the staff is super strict, and let's not forget that the school smells like trash. The only thing I really like about coming to school is that I get to see Leona everyday. She's the only girl that I have liked ever since I started high school a year ago.
     "Hey Brandon" Leona said as she stepped out of her car that was parked right next to mine.
     "Oh...U-uh hey" I said as I smiled awkwardly.
     I might have not explained this but I get very nervous when I speak to her, my hands get clammy, and I start saying random stupid shit. I stepped out of the car and grabbed my books from out the back.
     "So where you heading...I mean obviously school...because we are here...haha" I laughed nervously.
     "We have first period together remember silly?" she laughed
     "Right...."
     We both walked into school and headed to our Math class. That class always was a bore but I had my friends to keep me entertained. My seat was in the far back corner, well Leona sat a couple seats ahead of me.
     "Ready to die of boredom?" she laughed as she grabbed the handle of the door.
     "As usual" I laughed as I walked into the classroom.
I sat down at my desk as I saw Leona head to her seat as she smiled and hugged her friends. Her smile was the cutest thing ever, especially her laugh, she was the most adorable girl in my eyes.
"Dude" a voice said.
"huh?" I said as I turned around
It was my best friend Alex who I guess caught me staring at Leona....again. Alex has been my childhood friend ever since I was 2, he's always been there for me and let's just say he also knows some embarrassing things about me. He is slim and very tall, with dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes. Most girls find him attractive but the thing they don't know is he is gay, which I find very funny.
"Quit staring at her dude it's weird" he laughed as he slapped me in the back of my head.
"Shut up you probably do the same thing" I chuckled.
Just then the teacher walked in....
"Big news everyone"