Prologue

His eyes glowed a brilliant red through the darkness .A trail of blood dripped from his chin ,landing in a puddle of the same liquid . The room seemed to be sufocating , there was the metallic smell of blood and also various bundles of what seemed to be material. No. Not material but corpses. Everywhere I looked they were present and numerous .

I started trembling ,knowing that I was the last one so I would be next . Painfully slowly its eyes landed on me . I couldn't read anything from his face or body as they were shadowed by the darkness . It seemed he was about the same height as me . I was sure he was male by his stature but anything else was a mistery . 

He took a step towards me making me flinch in fear . A gut wrenching fear that rendered me unmoving. He approached me as if he wasn't hurrying until he lastly stood in front of my crouched position . I looked up just as he extended his hand and then I knew . He was gonna kill me . So I screamed , as loudly , as desperately and as fierce as I could .

"Honey , honey wake up ! It's just a nightmare , calm down ! "

I woke up to the face of my mother . My dad and litlle brother were behind her glancing uneasily towards me .

"A dream ? "

"Yeah champion . But , do not fear ! The hero of the night that fights nightmares and monsters is here ! '' My  father finished with a lough while my mother threw one of her ''Stop being childish'' glares .

"Dad ! I'm not a kid anymore" I told him with a glare .

"What ?! Who said that about one of the Walker men ?! " My mother sighed tired and sent the other half of my family back to their beds .

"Sorry for waking you up ! " I said , now more calm .

"It's okay honey . Do you want me to sleep with you ? "

"I'm already 14 , I can handle it ! " 

"Okay Chris . Good dreams ! " She kissed my forehead and tucked me back in bed .

"Good night mom !" I wished her half asleep , though I couldn't escape her last words.

"Do not worry , I asure you that such dreams won't happen again".

And it was true for the next years...