Page 1

:yep as described this takes place in modern Tokyo;

Eren Pov:

Cold...... So cold
It usually wasn't this cold In Tokyo
Yet what even was the weather anymore. The wind nipped at my face and exposed fingers threatening to chill me to the core. Hell if that was its mission then mission accomplished!
I was freezing, bringing up my hands to my face to blow into them I quickly looked around at the somewhat desolate streets lit mostly by the candy colored lighting of the electronic signs And the amber glow of street lamps, your probably confused *why is Tokyo looking so desolate?* well I'll tell you. The ghouls. They'd been around awhile but the have gotten worse lately A LOT WORSE, The only people out by now where probably shoppers who lost track of time or people visiting in the same predicament. I looked at my watch 10:00 pm I stared in disbelief at the angry orange numbers, I had been out for THAT long?! Mikasa and Armin expected me home by 9:30, Maybe they thought I had been eaten? No calm Down Eren, it's only 30 minuets there are a lot of reasons I could be late, like shopping for Christmas or something even though it was October. I looked at the watch again and at my two routes, the safe path that would take a lot longer maybe one more hour or the shorter path that took only 30 minutes. A small whine escaped my lips and I turned down the darker Allyway praying to god I wouldn't get eaten.