introduction

Beginnings are always the most difficult to explain. Yet, they're the most crucial part of any story. Just about every author would agree with that statement. My name? Violet Greene. Odd isn't it? Two colors in one name with two very different meanings. Violet means "the flower", and while every flower blossoms, this one didn't. While most stories often begin in the middle, I'd like to start in the very beginning. Specifically, July 18th, 2000. At the age of nearly 3, I was diagnosed with a mild case of dyslexia. Outcast from the others, I spent my days homeschooled by my step-mother, Diana. You see, my parents divorced from each other on April 29th, 2005 due to my mother's severe drinking problem. Ever since then, I knew I was different. I have few friends, but, Lily, by far is the closest. Lily grew up in riches and nothing but fortune and two parents who love her and each other dearly. You must understand one thing about Lily, even though she happens to have a perfect life, she is no angel. The compromise is simple. I help her smuggle alcohol, drugs, and anything else of her desire, in exchange for her friendship and occasional payment. Now, I am nearly eighteen with the hopes of being able find anyone or thing to tie myself to. I guess that is where our story really begins.