Kin (A Tragic Love Story)

Narrator: There was once a 16 year old girl named Coleen, who fell inlove with her 2nd degree kin,Immicker.Fortunately for her, the boy also fell inlove with her. They both know that it’s forbidden,yet their hearts cant seems to care about the world.

Ladies,let us peruse their forbidden struggle for passion and their tragic end together.

(closes curtain)

In the little garden behind Coleen’s house,West Virginia

Mother Sheila: Where have you been? Ive been looking for you.You must be daydreaming again.

Coleen: Im sorry mother. I was just down there at Immicker’s house helping them set their new TV set.

Mother Sheila: Hmmph.Youre not helping me here, and you are there helping them? Some daughter I have. I know dear that you are somehow infatuated with that immicker and I warned you, he is our kin and you two are both old for that nonsense. ANd I’ll put you to a faraway place if necessary.

Coleen: I know mother. (she stop slightly, embarrased to herself and quickly set the table for thies supper)

(closes curtain)

Narrator: But Coleen and Immicker didnt listen to them, for they only knew about their love for each other. From the very first moment they saw each other, their eyes were full of passion and love that a teenager and a young man should not. On that moony night, they met together beneath a big rock that looked like a cave potruding near the lake.

Immicker: Coleen!

(they enveloped their arms to each other and kissed passionately)

Narrator: They sat their for a long time facing the lake and into the moon. Finally Coleen says…

Coleen: My love, I cannot bear this anymore. I know this is wrong and mother will sent me to Montana to live with my grandmother and my 3 other sisters.

Immicker: I will go with you even if I must leave my home here. The important thing is,I’m with you and  we can live peacefully there.

Coleen: But Immicker, my grandmother knows about us.My mother told him she called there to secure my travel. The more he objects our relationship.

(crying and Immicker hugs her)

Immicker: shhh. Dont cry. We will find a way. Im going with you  no matter what.

(he cups her face and says)

Im going to travel in a different train and will see you there. I have a little savings and will surely keep me until I find a job. Dont worry…. I love you.

(And they kissed again)

In Montana…

(At the mansion, center of the Montgomery farm)

Grand Mother: There you are, dear. Such a beautiful young lady. Come and hug your grandma.

(Coleen went to him and gave him a hug)

Her 3 sisters namely, Margaret, Madelaine and Carrie dashed to the manor and hugs their mother.

Madeleine : You must be tired. Whats all the hurryof coming back?

Carrie: Yeah mother, what gave you an idea of coming home? Is their a problem? What did coleen do?

(Carrie looked suspiciously to Coleen who, stooped and blushed)