First Day

My phone begins playing the tune I set for my alarm, and I lay flat on my back before being bothered to move and turn it off. Just as I stretch out to grab my phone, my nuisance of a brother Alex comes running in, opens my curtains and asks me to make breakfast.
" Why, Alex? You're old enough now, you're just beginning grade 6."
He frowns at me before responding, "don't care I can't be bothered to Danielle!" I scold him for shouting, but it's too late. Mom has already entered my room too.
"Danielle do not speak to your brother like that; why are y'all still in your pyjamas?" I gulp. "sorry, mom. Alex is being lazy and wants me to make him breakfast too,"
My mom nods, and I am surprised by her response, "you could help him out, Dani. He is only 11." Seriously? Why do moms always take the younger sibling side?
-
After breakfast, I rush upstairs to clean my teeth and pick my outfit out for the first day of school. I end up rummaging through my closet for at least ten minutes before picking out light blue denim jeans with a high waist stitching, a plain white vest tucked in, a brown rope belt, and a cute bangle ring, which completes my look. Oh, and my black ankle high thick heel boots, which I got at the mall in the sale a while ago. I then grab my phone and play Justin Bieber's new album, and begin applying some natural looking makeup, with a dash of expensive perfume. Now I really have to show off for my first day at a school in Miami, rather than Carolina where I moved from.
My mom hugs me and my brother, before handing me her car keys for her Mercedes so I can drive us both to school. "Have a good day, kids." She kisses is before seeing us off, and in the Mercedes we get.
-
When we arrive to school, there are already many other kids staring at our car, which I kinda like. Alex gets out first, and then I do. We walk to the main entrance of the school, which shows off a symmetrical cut of bush as decoration, and we enter the reception.
"Hey, kids my name is Mrs Howard, how can I help?" The receptionist asks us. I decide to speak, "uh hi, we're new here and we need our timetables," I begin. Mrs Howard asks for our names, which I give her. She hands us our timetables and we part ways.
-
After school, Alex brings one of his friends to the car, where I told him to meet me. I roll my eyes. "Who's that?" I ask him. He smirks, " my new friend, Joe." I laugh. "And why is he here?" Alex scowls, "well he's coming to ours. His brother is at a football practice and he'll be coming over to pick him up at seven." I sigh, but agree with the arrangement.
When we roll on the drive, I notice the house lights are off, and begin to wonder where my mom is. Once we're all inside, Alex and his friend run upstairs, probably about to play on the Xbox. I find a note on the kitchen island, which reads:
"Dani, pls make sure u and Alex eat dinner bcos I received a call earlier just after u left for school that I'll be at work until 9pm. Thx, mom xx."
I sigh again, before going halfway upstairs to ask the boys what they want to eat, as the time is already five. "Alex, what are you and your friend eating for dinner? Mom's at work until nine," I state. Silence. "Ugh," I sigh, and head back downstairs, before entering the living room and switching the tv on. MTV flashes, so I turn the volume down and sit in the recliner. I grab my phone out of my jean pockets before scrolling through social media and grabbing a quick cereal bar. I'm not too hungry.
Before I know it, the door knocks an I assume it's mom, forgetting her key or something. I stand up to answer it, but to my surprise it's not mom. It's a guy, who has fluffy, brown hair and wearing a tank top with jeans and vans, who must be at least six foot. Wow.
"Hey, do I know you?" I ask the mysterious guy, who's just standing and staring.
"Ugh, no. I'm here for my brother, I think this is the right address.." he begins, before looking through his phone to which I assume is a check of the address.
"Yeah, it is if your brother is Joe?" I recall, to which he nods and smiles at me. "Come in," I invite. I lead him to the living room, and he takes a seat on the couch, and I sit down on the recliner.
I can see him looking at me while I go through my phone, so I smile at him and place it back in my pocket.
"I didn't catch your name, cutie," he smirks. I blush, and answer him, "Danielle, and yours?" I ask. He smiles, before saying "Cameron.". I smile harder, because damn it's such an adorable name.
"So, Danielle, what grade are you in? I'm guessing you go to the Miami Beach School, yes?" I nod, before telling him that I'm new. "Actually I just moved from Carolina and I'm a senior, what about you Cameron?" I smile, to which he returns. "Same, I'm a senior too hahah," he laughs. I continue smiling at him, before he stands up and kneels so slightly above me and puts his hands on my knees. "I best get my brother know, but thanks for having him Danielle," he smirks, and I die inside. Oh my gosh. He removes his hands, then turns to go upstairs, and I follow him to allocate him the correct room.
"Second on your left," I smile, and he looks back and smiles at me. He's so genuine and cute.
A minute later, Cameron and Joe come downstairs and I open the front door for them.
"Thanks, Danielle. Here." He places a piece of paper in my hands, and his hands are incredibly warm. I smile, and he leaves with his brother. My curiosity gets the better of me and I open the paper to find a number. Cameron just gave me his phone number.