Ghosts

Hey so this is my first fanfiction asdfghjkl I'm flipping out a bit in not sure where it's going to go. Sorry that was a run on sentence. Anyway, feedback is GREATLY appreciated. Let's go!

POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING

I remember how it all started. When my life went from being something I wanted to escape from to something that I never wanted to slip out of my grasp. All I know is that if it wasn't for him, I'd still be that way.

Or, I'd be gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a kid, I had no troubles. Except for the fact that I was bullied. But I just rubbed that off as a little part of being an overweight kid. I was born overweight and stayed that way. I was never self conscious until I got to high school. It was then that my life fell apart.

It started around the end of sophomore year. My dad was probably the first person to introduce me to depression. One day he snapped at me and I couldn't stop crying. Sure, he for sent to a mental hospital later that day, but I never quite felt the same about him. From that point, whenever I said that I loved him, I knew I was just lying to myself.

Enter junior year: I started cutting. It seemed like the only way to get through life. I started out with a screwdriver. Then wood. I reached the point of scissors. I would get incredibly depressed at lunch an just sit against walls while my friend tried to talk to me. It never worked. I kept cutting and sitting alone at lunch for the rest of junior year and the most ofs of senior year. I knew at that point, I would never be the same.

You're probably thinking, "That girl can't be so depressed, she has no reason to be." However, you have no idea how depression can twist your thoughts. It can make you feel like no one cares. Like you are the worst person ever. And those are the exact reasons why I attempted suicide not once, but twice. Neither time worked. As my first year of college was approaching, I was wondering how on earth I would survive. But then, out of the blue, something happened.

It was late July, and I had just finished a day working on moving into my new dorm room at Seattle University, where I would be spending the next four years. Looking at the ground, I walked out to the parking lot. Of course, that wasn't the brightest idea and I bumped into someone. I quickly lifted my head and apologized.

"I'm so sorry I should've been watching I'm sorry-"

My sentence was cut short when I looked up at my victim. He was maybe two inches taller than me, and had black, shaggy hair. He was wearing an oversized sweater that seemed great for this climate and some black skinny jeans.

He smiled and replied, "It's fine, I've been there."

I, being the idiot I am, just stared at the boy.

"Uh-um-uh you're really pretty!" I blurted. Oh my God did I just call him pretty? Abort! Abort! Abandon ship!

Luckily, the boy just laughed and said, "Thanks. Is this how you always greet people?"

I turned about fifty shades of red then meekly spoke. "I usually introduce myself first. My name is Sarah, and I'm going to be a freshman here next year."

"Well, nice to meet you, Sarah. My name's Christian."

"Nice to meet you too. I was just heading out to get some coffee or something so I'd better go. I'm new so it'll take me a while to find some place other than Starbucks," I sputtered.

"Oh, I know a great place! It's only like, two blocks away. I can take you. I mean, if you want," Christian said enthusiastically.

I looked over him one more time, then decided, why not?

"Sure," I smiled.

"Then let's go!" He gestured for me to walk with him, and off we went.

~A/N okay so that's part one. Feedback appreciated! Thanks for reading!~