Prologue

It was a day he would never forget.

He walked home like he usually did, taking a shortcut through a sunflower field. To him, it was never an important or special place. He only used it for his own benefit and he couldn't care less about the flowers that grew in the area. At least, that's how he felt about it before that day.

He abruptly stopped in his tracks on the sidewalk as a breeze picked up, stirring the loose golden petals in the field before him. They danced wildly, engulfing him until they settled onto his hair, attached to his clothing and littered the cracked pavement beneath the soles of his shoes.

He didn't seem to mind them at the moment though. His focus was directed at something else in the distance. His jaw was slack, his eyes that held awe, were widened slightly.

No words were exchanged between the two of them. Not a single utter. But, he felt as if he had met her somewhere. As if they knew each other a lifetime before.

A girl his age, maybe younger stood opposite of him, her hair fluttering in the wind, its color resembling that of the flowers themselves. Her blue doe-like eyes looked into his, as if she were asking the same question he had,"Have we met before?"

He wanted to say something. Yes, maybe, I don't know. He wanted to give her the answer that he didn't know himself. There was something about her eyes. Something that pulled him in....

"Sasuke?"

Sasuke snapped out of the trance that held him as he hastily fixed his composure and faced a taller, older-looking man that shared the same colored onyx hair, eyes, and last name that he did. Though their similarities were limited to just that.

"Hn", Sasuke responded. His older brother hesitated.

"Are you alright? I've been calling your name for a while now..."

Sasuke nodded and muttered an apology. The male in front of him frowned, but resumed his regular pace, assured that his younger brother would follow in suit soon enough.

As soon as the eldest of the two turned his back to him, Sasuke's eyes flicked towards the field again, in search for the girl, but the sunflowers took the place where she once stood. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, shaking off a few petals.

Maybe he was just imagining things.
But it sure didn't feel that way.