Safer (A Harry Styles Fanfic)

As I stood in the corridoor outside my new form classroom, I couldnt help but look at the boy infront of me. He looked like a lost puppy, one that was 16 though obviously.

****

It was the first day back for me, the first day ever for some people. I was just starting sixth form after getting 8 A* and 3 A in my gcses. Ive always been the nerd and swot of my classes, the one who would rather stay up all night studying than go out to partys drinking all night and this year was going to be no different. I was planning on staying here until the end of year 13, when id be 18. I wanted to pass my a-levels, latin, physics and chemistry, and after that I wanted to go to oxford university. Nerdy yes I know, but hey thats me.

Im not your usual 16 year old girl. Ive never been to a house party- a housey as everyone calls it-, ive never drank alcohol in my life and ive never had a boyfriend or even kissed a boy. Yes I know ive lived a very sad life.

Id been at this school since year 9 and id never had many friends. I knew who all the popular kids were, but none of the popular kids knew who I was but i was fine with that, it didnt bother me. I was looking forward to this year, not because of all the parties, but because I was taking my 3 favourite subjects, latin, physics and chemistry, and that meant I would have to study really hard for them. I enjoy studying, I have no idea why it just gives me a real buzz. Dont ask why but it just does. Like I said Im not your typical 16 year old girl.

While everyone else wanted to send the new people the wrong way to their lessons and scare them, I wanted to help them settle in and make them feel like they belong here. Helping people is another thing thing gives me a real buzz. Thats why I was so happy when I saw loads of new people lined up outside my form classroom. Especially the boy infront of me.

****

When I said ive never had a boyfriend before, yes thats true, but I have thought boys were cute. This boy infront of me was no exception to those few.

I could see from behind him that he had beautiful brown hair. It was messy but it worked with his style. It looked as if it was almost tickling his neck, the small curly strands that hung loosely just above the top of his black blazer. The blazer was snug on his broad shoulders but baggy at the bottom where his waist joined his bum. I could see that he was was wearing black denim jeans, I just hoped that he wasnt wearing a black t-shirt aswell. All black for the first day of sixth form, I dont think so. I may not be the most stylish girl ever, but even I no what big fashion mistakes not to make.

I had to stop looking at him when our new form tutor opened the door to our new classroom and instructed for us to come in and sit anywhere. I just had time to take a quick look at his shoes, white consverse all stars.

As I walked into the classroom there were only 4 seats left, the 4 right at the front. I hadnt realised that nobody had been standing behind me when I was analysing what this boy was wearing so I had the whole of the front row to myself. Brilliant. I always liked sitting at the front, I would have picked this seat anyway, even if I had been first into the classroom. I always put my hand up in group discussions or if the teacher askes a question and sitting at the front is the perfect place to get noticed. Just another nerdy thing ive done for years.