Chapter 1

BELIEVE IT OR NOT

Kelmora:

Death. It's a word all of us fear, a word that can take over your entire life, a word that makes me cringe, a word all of us wouldn't dare to use in a sentence. Unless you do not want to know.

*******

I put my hand on my forehead, wiping away my sweat. Carrying hay in a bag is pretty hard considering I had to do it in twenty minutes while walking all across my families field.

I thought about using my wand to carry it, but decided against it; I couldn't possibly use magic. Using magic on earth is prohibited according to the House of Sinmore, located in the wizard world. If I did, I would be sent to court, and that would be a nightmare.

FINALLY! I made it to the other side!

"KELLY!" screamed Timerry, "DINNER TIME!" Timerry is a wizard as well, but we are the only ones in our family. Our parents know, of course, because they adopted Merry and I, we're twins. We look nothing alike. Everyone says that she is the pretty one, which I could care less. We are both pretty girly, but she sometimes overdoes it.

"COMING!" I screamed as loud as I could, hoping she could hear. I ran as fast as I could, but it was hard because I was barefoot. I reached the house and opened the door, not knowing how much force I used.

"Don't beee shooo loud, Kel bel! Daddysshh shhlleeppingg!" Elizabeth spit every time she used a word with an 'S' in it. She's only five, so I think she will stop after a while.

"I'm sorry Bethy," I said, combing my fingers through her hair. She giggled and continued playing with her toys, "Where's Nathaniel?"

"I think heee ishh shhtilll working outshhide. Me talked him to come in like..ummm...shhomee time ago. I thinkssh," she spit all over me. Wow, that's getting annoying.

"Hey Bethy, can you sound out 'S' for me?" I asked, sitting down behind her and playing with her hair. She played with her dolls hair as I did with hers.

"Eeeeesssshhhh," she spat out confused.

"That's great, but it's not eeshhh, it's essss. Can you say that?"

"Eshhh."

"No, esss!"

"Eshhh."

"Esss."

"Eshhh."

"Esss."

"Eshhh."

"Ugh, I give up!" I said storming into the kitchen, seeing my mom preparing dinner on the table with Timerry. "Hey, can I help?" I asked, grabbing a plate and putting it on the table.

"Of course! Just do what you're doing," my mom said with her cheeky smile and her short, brown hair. It is odd because I look a lot like my mom, even though we are not blood related. She has short thin brown hair and I have long brown hair. We both have long skinny legs, short torsos, and brown eyes. Isn't that odd? People, all the time, ask us if I'm related to her and if Timerry is adopted.

Timerry, on the other, looks nothing like us. She has blond wavy hair, a very short and slim body, and brown eyes. The Kane (that's us) family is a family of brown eyes. Bethy has brown hair and brown eyes and so does Nathaniel.

We all sat down at the table and took each other's hands and said grace, "We thank you for the food you lay on our table," my father began, "we thank you for the life you have given, we thank you we were not cursed with deat-- bad things, and we ask you to please bless and protect Tilmerry and Kelmora as they have their first day at The Wizard School of Sinmore tomorrow and because it's there sixteenth birthday! Thank you. Okay family, let's eat!" WOW! He almost said...THE WORD!