1.

As I finished my graduation speech I could feel the rush of being able to make my own future from now on. It was like any other graduation.. Parents with their kids, clicking photos and all that.

I study or after this day used to study at a local college near my house in New Jersey. Being a major in architecture I can be really creative.

My mum was there in the crowd looking proud. As I finished my speech, my best friend Gregory Hamilton gave me hug and said "That was some speech, Pete. I didn't know you were so wise. Teach me your ways sensei" I gave him a friendly punch.
He was always joking around, but he was there for me during my dark days.
When my dad died when I was 12 he was there for me.. Comforting me and my mum.
He's a good ol' guy witha great sense of humour.

My mum Rebecca Whitley came over to me, kissed me in the forehead and congratulated me.

After a few days I needed to move out of my mum's house cause I don't want to be that kind of an adult male. Who lives with his mum.
So I got packing taking the things I would need for wherever I'm going which I haven't even decided yet. I told my mum.. Yeah obviously she was a little emotional me being a single child and her being a single mum. But yes I was afraid for her safety. But I needed to do this.
I said "Mum, I really need to do this. I need to face the real world by myself." "but Pete why do you have to leave so soon"
" I'm not 10 anymore. I'm 22 and I need to face life." Mum after a lot of arguments said yes.

With my things I gave my mum a kiss goodbye and left a place with memories that cannot be put into words.
I looked ahead to the opportunities that lie ahead.

This is a new beginning. A beginning to the my life.. A journey into the unknown.