PROLOGUE

Obscurity fills the entire room. She's shuddering, afraid. With a heart that bounces off its cage, on the floor she holds herself in abeyance. Is he there again?

For weeks she has been experiencing this and she doesn't know why. Silence that kills, heat that she feels; no, never there were times she got alone because there's always someone with her; someone she has never seen.

"There could be an earthquake and you'll definitely be the epicenter if you'll not stop quivering there lady. You look nuts."

She hysterically scampered to the corner of her room when she heard that deep voice she had heard for many times already. It was him; again!

"Oh no no no! This is due to too much chocolate and coffee intake...oh ho ho ho, there's no one talking. Who am I talking with? Keep calm. I'm calm. Why me, why me..." she warily said as she embraces herself tightly just like the beggar in their street who has lost his mind.

Her eyes were knitted with sweat flowing all over her entirety; she could die of dehydration.

"Why do you always act silly whenever I try to talk to you?" the mysterious guy asked in curiosity.

"Why do you keep on talking with me? And who I'm talking with? I'm not talking with anyone. Everything's alright. Oh ho ho ho our exams week is in three days far so please, leave me alone..." she cried out of frustration and illusion.

"AAAAAGGHHHH!!! DON'T TOUCH ME YOU EXTRATERRESTRIAL WHATEVER CREATURE!" she exhaled and had jumped right onto her bed when she felt a hand touched her shoulders.

She hid herself under the comforter. On a second thought, she may believe that she was already out of her mind.

"So you think I look like an alien or something huh? You're getting funny." He grinned.

"Oh if this was just another of the freakiest dream, Lord wake me up!" She cried in fear. She found it hard to breathe already.

She starts to cry piercingly. Oh yes, she's now being a cry baby but she doesn't care because she's very scared.

She heard that the guy sighed. In a second, in her consciousness, she felt that the light was turned on.

"I don't know why you're crying like a kid who hasn't brought in the playground by her parents." He started, "And oh, hasn't anyone told you that your street is scheduled to have a power interruption from six to ten in the evening?" He said as if she was the most stupid person he has ever talked to.

She doesn't know how many minutes have passed, the presence of the guy seemed to be not in the room; the environment became light already. Slowly, she opened her eyes and removed the blanket covering her.

She roamed her head around her room. Everything looked normal. Her books scattered all over the room, her food placed on her study table.

It was eleven in the evening. It happened again.

"Stupid dream," she whispered and decided to get out from her bed.

The last thing she remembers is that she was reviewing on the floor because she has many books to read, and then she stayed on her bed along with the other books because she began to feel sleepy; and she did fall asleep; and she dreamt.

Oh, Yssandra. You're funny. It's like you never get used to it." She said while realizing how absurd she was.

She walks across the room. She picks up her books and places them on her study table. It's already late, she needs to rest.

Just when she turned around to go in her bed, she bumped to a hard, keen, strong chest. She looked up.

Everything went black.

㰽2�