The Countdown to Tears

I turned to my boyfriend Tyler. The countdown to midnight just started. "I got 10 seconds to do this." He said grabbing my hands. "Lillian listen. I love you and all but. 5 seconds." He said quickly. " I really don't love you as much as I used to. I love someone else more and no longer want to be with you. I've wasted 5 years and you no longer make me happy I'm sorry." I heard the crowd chant "3, 2, 1!" As he turned around and kissed another girl. Tears streamed down my face. I walked down the street no idea where I was going when a boy a few inches taller than me stopped me. "Excuse me miss" he said in a think British accent. I looked up into his blue eyes and wiped away my tears. "You look like you haven't had a wonderful night and I never got a New Years kiss would you be my New Years kiss?" He asked sheepishly. I managed a small smile and placed my hands on his neck. He placed his hands on my waist and he kissed me gently. I felt fireworks immediately and kissed back. Who was this boy? I thought to myself. He pulled away gently. "I-I'm Connor Ball" he said. "Lillian Cooper" I said back smiling. "You felt the fireworks too right?" He asked smiling. I nodded. "How about we go back to my place? And get to know each other?" He said trailing off. I straightened down my blue sparkly party dress and he fixed his suit jacket. "Let's go" I said smiling. He grabbed my hand and we walked back to his hotel suite. Connor was going to be the best thing that ever happened to me I could already tell.