Prologue

The young girl Harmony  stared in excitement as her father began starting the machine. She could sense that her friend who was standing nearby was excited too. However as she looked at her dad to express her excitement she could tell he  was worried, she could not understand why he was worried. He should be excited, the project he had been working in was finally finished and it look like it would be a success.

She knew that if she were in his place she would be bouncing with excitement. What she didn't know was that the reason that her father was so worried was because he was still testing the machine and he was not sure if the machine was stable. He would have preferred that none of the children were there but he told her she could visit the lab today and he didn't have the heart to break his promise.

But he couldn't delay the prototype testing any longer because he had already had to many delays building it and his superiors were coming over later that day for the result. Besides he knew if he told her no she and her friend Richie would just sneak in at least this way he could keep an eye on them. "Now kids remember what I said you can stay and watch but you must stay right were you are. I don't want anything to happen to you two, And I have some very important guest coming soon and you two will need to leave when they come. Understand?"

They rolled their eyes and replied "yes sir" he nodded and continued to start up the machine. Harmony continued watching in wonderment as she turned to her stuffed mouse she asked  "isn't this exciting Mr.Mousie"? Her friend Richie rolled his eyes and said "I can't believe you still carry that thing around. You're almost ten years old and you still act like a baby." She glared at him and said "At least I still don't sleep with a night light."

He blushed bright red and gave a hard shove as he yelled at her to shut up. This caused her to drop her stuffed mouse right in front of machine. She ran after it fearing it would be destroyed. That mouse was a gift from her mother she had since she was a baby she had to save. So disregarding her father warning she ran towards her mouse hoping to save it in time. Richie ran after her trying to stop her for fear of her safety.

Unfortunately her father had been busy setting up the final procedures necessary to stop them and didn't see them running towards the machine and was at a point to were he could not stop the machine. He could only watch horrified as the machine started. "Children No!" He felt his heart breaking as he heard them scream in pain.

All of a sudden the force from the machine knocked over some of his chemicals causing an explosion and knocking him out. When he woke up his lab was a mess and he could not find his daughter or her friend anywhere. He began a frantic search for them until he could see them under some of the rubble. "Kids are you okay!?"

He ran to them and began pulling of the debris. He gave a sigh of relief as he saw they were breathing and seem to have only some minor cuts and bruises. "Thank goodness they're okay" However his relief was short lived once he pulled of all the debris and saw what the affect of his machine did to them "What have I done?"