CHAPTER ONE: GREETING

The tension when I entered the exquisite house was absolutely inevitable. I held Tiana's hand, as she knew I was nervous about this day.
     "It'll be fine. What's one hormonal celebrity against you, Beth?", she laughed.
     "She's the hormonal celebrity, and very bipolar. She'll probably sense our luminal we keep in our satchels, she's a deadly beast with lipstick on", I shiver. Emily Quartz.
     We walk inside, and all I can smell is the reeking stench filling the room, which was recognizably Britney Spears' "Fantasy".
    "Evening, bitches. You obviously know who I am, and I don't know who you are, but I plan on you all introducing yourselves. I've hand selected you 20 as pre-candidates for my hit reality show, 'The Lifestyle'. To make it to the top 11, you're going to have to earn it", Emily, the beast, shouts.
     She snaps her fingers and a girl, that I identified was the season one winner, Anna, said, "Do tell, Madam Quartz."
     "Thank you dear. For season three, the only way you're going to be able to compete for the crown, officially, is modeling my lovely clothing line, 'Quartz Intimate'. Good luck. Anna and Carrie, our previous winners, will show you the way to the dressing room. You'll model them for me on the runway, added to the main room this year. Shoo, ladies", Emily announces. Everyone shimmies. So do we.
     "Well, she's just an angel", I say, sarcastically.
     "You're one for words", Tiana laughs.
     "FIVE MINUTES CONTESTANTS", Carrie, I think, screams, piercing about everyone's helpless ears.
     ...and about thirty seconds later.
     "Scratch that, line up now", Carrie blushes.
     Luckily, I was pretty much finished anyway.
     As I watch the contestants "strut their stuff" down the runway, I see Emily looking furious. She swipes a quick "X" on her tablet as a girl leaves, with the occasional check.
     When Tiana walks down the runway, Emily looks relieved. I'm not surprised. I've known that she has been a beauty since we were young. Immediately when she walks out, the she-devil gives her a check.
     When Tiana comes back, I get really nervous. I'm next. Oh gosh. She's going to hate me. Oh no.
     I walk down, and she doesn't seem to even give eye contact. She's distracted. I guess I'm not so important. As you can probably tell, I'm full of disappoint, I did not impress my target.
     I go back to where I started. Tiana is staring at me, with her "I'm proud of you", look.
     "What?", I reply to her stare.
     "When you walked down that runway, I was utterly fascinated. You're stunning, Beth", she smiles.
     "Try telling Emily that, she couldn't even be less interested than she already was", I state.
     "If she doesn't let you in, she's making a huge mistake", Tiana embraces, "It's time to find out our fate now. Let's go."

     Before I continue, I think I should tell you what Tiana and I are actually doing here.
     We work for the FBI, qualified agents, looking for a purpose to shut down this obvious murderer's play pen.
      Every single girl has not returned from this reality show, if they were cut of course. Tiana and I's objective is to found out why.
      What is Emily hiding from the public?

      "Ladies, it's time for me to announce the girls that will be continuing in the race for the crown. Phil, let's get the camera rolling", Emily shouts.
     I can feel the intensity. Every single girl in here is determined to snatch the crown, no matter how. They want the fame that Emily has. If they win, they get the "bling" life. So they think. I'm just here to take this bitch down.
     "Ahem! The three girls that impressed me the most today were: Tiana, Ella and Brittany! Congratulations, you may stand beside me", Emily happily says.
     Ella and Brittany race to see who gets there first, but Tiana gives the bitchiest walk I've ever seen. She'll do well.
     "The other eight boars that have persuaded their forgiveness from their terrible runway walks are: Jenny, Lacey, Antonia, Chance, Kelsey, Luna, Whitney, and Bethany. With the exception of Bethany, my two winners convinced me to let you stay. I bluntly don't remember you at all. But, congrats!", she gives off a little shiver.
    And as for me, I'm a little confused. Why would these two fame hogging dumb asses want me to be in this overrated competition? I guess I'll just have to find out.
    "And the rest of you... stick around, will you?", she winks. And the games begin. 

QUARTZ