October Finale

There was a world where everyone was thicker like there are no size Os only 8+. Being hefty meant health, beauty and wealth. If you were skinny you were considered nasty, disgusting and ugly.

In a high school, a girl walks the hallways alone. Her name is October. She wears an oversized sweater even though its 80 degrees out. She doesn't want anyone making fun of her weight, she's only 110; how repulsive. Its been going on for years, the teasing and bulling. All the girls at her school are thick and curvy and gorgeous. She hears a hiss of "skeleton" as she passes a cheerleader sporting her uniform that hugs the girl's full thighs and large breasts. Snickers and more names are called as October walks past some of her other school mates. She doesn't understand why they are mean to her, sure she's not a size 10 or even a size 7 but she's not a bad person.

After another long day of torture, October stumbles past her parents and locks herself in her room. The walls are covered with torn out magazine pages of women and girls with full figures.

"Why can't I be normal like them?"

She asks herself. She sheds her long sweatpants and throw them across the room.Her nimble fingers roll up the sleeves of her large sweater and searches her nightstand for a metal blade. Her hands shake as sobs leave her body. She drags the razor across her thigh, the sting causing a gasp from her. She yearns for more as she cuts again at her hip, slicing at places where she begs for fat.

"Stupid metabolism why can't I fucking be like them!?"

Anger takes over as October sketches a single word into her forearm.

SKELETON

The blood pools in a crease of the sweater. She scrambles for a towel in her bathroom, turns on the shower, and sits on the floor of it with out taking her top or underwear off. Tears stream down her cheeks as a symphony of evil names chant through her mind. She lays down in the tub and thinks;

"I could just end this now, no one would ever call me skeleton or twig or...Croaker again." She shivered at the word. There were few who thought the full body look was wrong, they wouldn't eat or would touch their throat to make the food come back up. They usually had bad breath, yellow teeth and a croaky voice. Thus the name.

It seemed as if she couldn't stopped the waves of emotion crashing into her. She plugged the drain and water slowly filled the bathtub. When it got to almost overflowing, she shut the shower off. Her eyes flickered to the radio that was only a foot away. She remembered all the times she would put her Ed Sheeran or Coldplay CDs in and just disappear into the music. It was plugged in like always and October slowly pulled her leg out of the water, inching her foot toward the radio.

Centimeter by centimeter her toes pushed the electronic device closer to the tub. Her mind was racing as the last bit of radio was pushed off the edge. Time seemed to go in slow motion as the radio fell into the awaiting pit below. She felt a small spark, the a sizzle. The sound of splashes and faint zaps filled the air.

She smelled a burnt scent and everything is black.

Her grave stone would read;

In remembrance of a unique soul

Her parents would often wonder why their wonderful,beautiful daughter would want to kill herself. Sure she wasn't like everyone else but that made her... Her. A few years later when October's parents moved to a new house, they would find a letter in her untouched room.

"I don't want to be different anymore"