Vents that Might Help

WARNING: This is the work of a not-so-experienced writer. Anyone reading it might even find it depressing and could stop reading. Creative criticism from the readers is accepted and adviced. This is for anyone it may concern.

I'm not sure why I'm writing this or if I'll be any good at it. Maybe I thought this could resolve some repressed feelings I have locked deep inside of me; maybe I thought this could be for the too many writers I know on Wattpad who aren't having the best luck in life and shouldn't be alone; maybe it's both, or maybe I'm just bored and need something to do in my life. Whatever the reason, maybe someone out in the world would like to read this. This is going to be my personal thoughts, along with some advice, on what ever comes to mind. I'll probably sound stupid to a thousand different people once I start writing, but I might as well take that risk.

Starting......now....

Do you ever look at life and wonder what it is people see in you? You know every horrible thought you've had, every bad act you've committed that only God knows, and naturally, as humans, we see anything that we think is wrong and we judge and try to stay away from it. So, at a point in our lives, we see that we are bad and we hate ourselves. It's true, and it's as if time suddenly stops, but the world keeps going and other people notice your troubles at some point. Then you get all this attention from people you weren't ever sure cared so much, and you just call it sympathy. You think they pity you and that you're weak right now, and in response most of us would escape into solitude. The feeling that something's wrong, that you're weak and in need of assistance makes you push yourself to prove that you're not, that you could be left alone, that you don't need to be dependent on someone and get special treatment. There's a word many people use for such behavior- independent. If you've ever done that, you should know what the word really means.

Independence is when it's as if the whole world just beat the puke out of you and you have no one to count on, that you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and learn to make something out of what you have left. There are so, so many people who have a life harder than or just as hard as another person, but we all get this aching feeling inside, at least once, that something has to change. No one's going to change it for you, so you need to take the first step: that's independence. Sometimes learning to take care of yourself and be independent also means letting others help you. You'd be teaching yourself to let people in, to give someone else an emergency lifeline. Anyone who's ever known what real depression feels like also knows, once they start to get better, that there might be someone in their lives who will go through it, too. Starting to let yourself live life also means taking care of those who need you, who need someone, because no one would want someone in need to suffer the same pain they've had to go through.

A few of the same people who you thought pitied you might've, at some point, known just how you feel, and didn't want you to go through it alone, either. They probably see you, with your guard up trying to shut people out, and see a reflection of their past selves- guard up, a bunch of conflicting emotions inside you, only really wanting a hug. Not all people are like this when they try to help someone. Some could feel like that's what they're supposed to do, or whatever reason they have personally, but that doesn't mean there aren't a few people who you might need in your life. Everyone needs someone. That's how the world works.

It's probably said often that the human race is a selfish one- that's right. We all need something; we're all consumers in this world; that's why we need other people. There's so much corruption going on all over the world, "needing" something goes too far, we forget anything truly important so easily. When each of us was first brought here, as just innocent newborns, there was no conflict about anything. It's because those were the purest times of our lives. We all had so much love and innocence, we were fearless and felt like anything in life is worth living- then we grow up, and we forget. When we're young and we don't even care about thinking anything bad, we have nothing to be afraid of, because we see too much love everywhere- then we forget. The real reason anyone helps anyone it's the only way this world can survive. Deep down, there's this hope that we could gain back all the love we had for the world that one time in our lives, because every time you help someone it's like you're sharing that love, and it feels good to bring it back. Human beings aren't made to be alone. Otherwise, no one would even be around to hope for that love again, and it might be lost. Who wins there?

A/N: This is my first piece of writing on Wattpad. I hope it's a good start.

P.S. I forgot to mention: we act like we hate ourselves because once we grew up we all entered a world that, subconsciously, turned most of us into skeptics. We all think there's always something better "other there," and don't usually see what good we still have inside ourselves. Another reason we need other people is to be the mirrors that tell us who we truly are. Love to everyone. Hope you have a good day <3