Chapter 1

"Look at her...some whore hanging off his arm"

"Did she ruin his relationship?"

"How can she be so cold hearted"

"Its people like her who ruin our reputations as socialites"

"She's just someone whose unwanted...."

The whispers kept on coming. It surrounded me acting as a blanket. Trapping me within. My dark brown eyes never wavered from the man walking towards me with his mistress in tow.

My body reacted at the sight of him. My cheeks felt flushed even though I was wearing shorts and a blouse. My hair in a messy bun.

"Hello June. Nice to see you again." His voice washed over me. Inhaling deeply, I kept my pain in and my heart secured.

"I would say the same but it's not nice to lie...right Caden? Whose this? " Nodding my head towards the sultry redhead dressed in a blue one slit maxi dress and black flats, she smirked smugly cuddling to his side.

Taking a quick glance at the woman he introduced as Mara, he threw an arm over her shoulder placing a quick kiss to her dark colored lips.

"She's the woman I want to marry. The one I love." the words pierced her heart. Shocked at the declaration, my mouth opened and closed.

Embarrassment filled me as people started to whisper around me again. She's the woman I want to marry. The words repeated through her mind like broken radio. Marry. Woman. Want. Love.

Taking a small glance towards Mara's ring finger I noticed the shining diamond. Comparing it to her bland platinum ring she took it off and threw it onto the ground in front of the couple.

" I don't care. Marry whoever you want. Goodbye Caden." Turning on my heel, I left my heart and tears behind. I had loved him throughout my whole childhood life. And he once did too. Something happened along the way. Something she regret finding out.

............................................................>

I breathed deeply as the memories hit me. Leaning back on the office chair I picked at the leather arm and stared at the paperwork on my desk.

It had been roughly 3 1/2 years since she last seen and heard about them. After the news he shared with her she immediately left her hometown in Oahu transferring schools and moving to Korea. There she worked towards making more international deals with companies there and it paid off.

Infinity Co. took off after sealing a deal with Jimins Inc. the biggest client she had ever made. After that she had fallen in love with the culture and moved there. Living mostly in Seoul she had a place on Jeju island too.

Knock! Knock!

" Miss Spencer? Your board meeting is in five minutes." The voice of her secretary shook her out of the trance she was in. Looking towards the door, I quickly called out an 'ok' and gathered my folders.

Fixing my peplum dress I grabbed my blazer off the chair and made way to the door. My eyes, I knew were empty of emotion, stared ahead. The employees already standing and bowing as I passed.

Walking towards the elevator, Janet my secretary, pushed the button and we entered, exiting the elevator we made way to the board room. Nodding towards the board directors and vice president I made my way to the head of the table.

10 people on each side watched the CEO. The vice president of the company stared at the young beauty. He wanted her. But knew he couldn't have her, she was still healing as far as he knew and as a close friend, he didn't want to over step his boundaries.

"You can start now, Mr. Chase." Her voice rang out in the silent room. He switched his blue eyes to the large screen and stood, walking to the front of the room.

And for the next five hours, the board meeting took place with stats of the company being read out and how it was doing well. But she couldn't hear any of it. She slipped into her memories feelings deja vú.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

"Caden! " she whispered in his ear loving the way he shivered. Humming he turned towards briefly before going back to the man speaking.

Silently groaning she leaned her head on his shoulder loving how he instantly wrapped his arm around his waist. She picked at his jacket and closed her eyes dozing off. Feeling warmth seeping through their clothes had given her a warm and fuzzy feeling.