The Idol Switch Up Plan

There comes a point in time in everyone's life, when they just want to give up. When they realize that what they are doing no longer holds meaning like it once did. It's as if all fun has left it and the determination has gone. Ryder was at that point in time. He had decided right then and there that he was going to quit what he was doing and disappear from the type of life he once had.

   "What do you mean you are going to quit?" His manager asked him. She appeared to be completely taken aback and bewildered at what Ryder had just said.

   "I'm quitting, that's all there is to it." He responded.

   "And what do you expect to do from now on? Travel the world? Become famous? Pursue your dream? Because last time I checked, you were already doing all that." She was starting to get angry. Ryder knew it was his queue to leave. He had already decided to leave on his own so he had no reason to stay and be lectured to. After all, it was his choice to quit and he was sticking to it.

   "It doesn't matter what I'm going to do. I have no reason to tell you anyways. I just came to let you know I'm done and that's that. Have a good life and may it be filled with joy and health and whatever else people say. Good bye." With that he turned around and walked out the door. A door that had started it all, and was now ending it as well. He was free from the shackles that once held him down. He was ready to move on.

   *  *  *

   "Ugh. That insolent boy. He has no idea what we went through to get him here and he just walks out on us, on them. Has he no shame?" The manager said angrily and was about to go on a tangent about it when the producer put his hand up to silence her.

   "That's enough Lillian. There was nothing we could have done to stop him. That boy is a determined one. Once he sets his mind to something there is no changing it. You of all people should know that, isn't that right Lillian?" He said looking over the top of his dark sunglasses. Lillian blushed a little and hushed up right away. She knew not to disagree with the producer, as he was usually right.

   "What should we tell the rest of them? What about the fans? They will all be heartbroken. Just walking out like that without a reason. Not even letting his mates know." Lillian said in a low whisper so as to not be overheard. The producer seemed to be thinking of a way to respond when a knock came from the door.

   "Yes. Come in." He said and the door was opened. A teenage girl stood there with long black hair and dark brown eyes. She was definitely pretty in her own way. She hesitantly stood by the door before proceeding forwards to the producers desk.

   "A letter has come for you sir." She said as she handed him the letter which he took right away.

   "I see. Thank you." He responded. The girl nodded and turned to leave. Just as she reached the door she was stopped. "Excuse me miss. Can I ask you a few questions?"

   "Yes, of course." A look of confusion on her face. She walked back over to stand in front of his desk.

   "How long have you worked here?"

   "This is my first day, sir."

   "That explains why I haven't seen you before." He seemed to study her for a moment before proceeding. "How old are you?"

   "I have recently turned 15, sir."

   "I see." He seemed disappointed at this piece of information but his face quickly lit up as he had an idea. "Do you sing? Dance? Act?"

   "I've only ever sung in school talent shows and at home but, I've been doing so since I was six years old."

   "Excellent. How would you like a job?" Both the girl and Lillian looked completely shocked at this question.