Chapter 1

"Listen don't tell please don't tell please don't tell . Don't Tell Don't Tell Don't Tell Don't Tell".

My name is jamie and This happened a very long time ago at my high school to this day Those words haunt me , I can't get them out of my head and to this day I regret I told what i did, i regret I said what I shouldn't have .. i wish I never did.... We didn't do anything wrong it just .... Went too far. If he told someone from the beginning it wouldn't have gotten so out of control. I'm sorry I'm so sorry . Listen what I'm about to tell you is true I was 16 at the time and i shouldn't have told . Some things are best left untold. But if I tell you this you have to promise me ... Not to tell. Please. . Don't Tell Don't Tell Don't Tell Don't Tell Don't Tell Don't please Don't Tell Don't Tell.

Thursday 2:01 Pm

I had been looking for Eric all day. I knew he wasn't absent I saw him in the cafeteria at lunch but he was being evasive he was about the same age as me, and Martha my other friend.

I wasn't sure. anyways it wasn't a big deal it was almost the end of the day so it didn't matter but just during class I saw get up to leave his seat and walked out the door after asking the teacher to be excused ."Please it's an emergency he cried". "5 minutes Mr. Alinkar said in a demading manner he was such an uptight teacher but he would let us go to the bathroom if really needed to.

I shot my hand straight up after Eric left the room . "May I be excused to the restroom Mr. Alinkar. "OK ". he replied . "but 5 minutes as usual". I wanted to see what he was up to, he almost set the school on fire last time, but I've always been there to keep him from getting into trouble that might get him get him kicked out of school.

I followed him down the hall making sure to not make too much noise with my shoes squeaking against the floor. "These damn cheap tennis shoes are just the worst". I said thinking back as to i let my mom buy these things for me.

Just as he was about to turn the corner around the lockers a boy rammer into Eric hard, knocking them both against the floor as something flew out of Erics bag.. It was Matthew a boy that Eric had been picking on for the past two years since he's was just a freshman here, he's been stealing stuff from him socking him in the face. You name it.

I tried to get him to stop but he just tells me to stop being a baby . Even when I tried to tell a teacher about what he was doing to Matthew for awile now I couldn't.

He'd always tell me not to tell . And said that friends don't tell on other friends. I didn't really think much after that just that the issue might resolve itself. God I hated when he'd call me a snitch that was such an awful term I hated in high school.

Matthew got up off the ground apologizing to Eric in a secure manner. "Oh dude i'm so sorry I really am, listen I don't want to pick a fight today can you please just accept my apology and we can move past this". "You clumsy ass nerd, watch where the fuck your going ".Eric shouted. "Sorry ". Matthew said apologizing again before quickly grabbing his stuff in a jerking motion and stumbling past the lockers mumbling something under his breath I could barley hear.

"What was that ". Eric said . "Nothing "... "yeah that's what I thought".. Eric continued walking in the hallway then going down the 3 flights of stairs to get out through the exit near the west side of the staircase.

I ran back past the lockers, and looked out the window near the edge of stair case seeing him smoking a cigarette. "He skipped class to go smoke a cigarette?". I didn't even know he smoked. Like it's like that feeling I always get when I see someone I thought didn't smoke start smoking a cigarette right their.

Like someone who you thought. No who you thought you knew didn't smoke or just wasn't the type. I don't know it comes as a suppress to me. But I know some people couldn't give a damn if they saw someone smoking.