Romano - A Chance to Love

"Ok (name) vhat do you vant to do?" Germany asked, and you began looking around the room.

Your eyes landed on Italy, who was still hugging you, as he looked up at you through his closed eyes. He seemed deep in thought but a split second later a wide smile went across his face.

"Ve~ I know where she can-a stay Doitsu! (Name) can stay with mi fratello! He always alone by himself, so now he can have someone to talk to!"

"WHAT!! Don't decide where she will-a stay without asking me first fratello idiota!"

Romano came forth from his chair that was next to Italy's, and began to verbally threaten him.

"Hahaha, I think letting the chica stay with my little Lovi would be a great idea!" Spain laughed from the opposite end of the table.

"Shut up you tomato eating bastard!"

You slightly giggled to yourself as Romano began cursing like there was no tomorrow. He was just the way you knew he was; hot headed and short-tempered.

He seemed to hear your giggle and turned to face you with a scowl across his face.

"What are you laughing at ragazza?!" he yelled at you, taking most of his anger out on you.

Hurt by his shouting, tears began to form in your eyes and you looked down to your feet. The other countries then glared daggers at Romano, who now didn't know how to act, and now cowered under their agze.

"W-What! I'm-a just pissed off that mi stupido fratello volunteered me without fucking asking me, and tomato bastard only made it worse!"

The countries continued to glare at him, but Romano kept his gaze on you. You looked up a little bit and glanced at his face. It seemed riddled in confusion and sorrow, but it was almost like he didn't know how or what to say.

Germany was the one to finally break the silence with a slight cough.

"I zhink letting (name) stay with Romano is ok, but if I hear anyzhing about you hurting her or yelling at her she goes to England. I'll also send Spain over to make sure you are being nice."

Romano glared at him through narrowed eyes, but turned his head away and grumbled angrily to himself.

You were partially worried at the fact of living with the hot-headed Italian, but you knew from the anime that he had a soft side. He probably would never show it to you though, cause to him, you were a burden at this point in time.

"I don't believe ve are going to get anyzhing else done so meeting adjorned." Germany then grabbed Italy and began to drag him out the door with Japan following close behind.

Everyone else left but not without sending Romano another glare, as if warning him to be nice. He just huffed and closed his eyes to avoid having to look at them.

Spain came over and leaned in close to you to whisper in your ear.

"Don't worry, chica. He can seem hot-headed at times, but he has a kind heart. He's just to prideful to show his soft side to anyone, even me. Maybe you can make him open up more."

You smiled and nodded your head in understanding. You then looked at Romano, who seemed to have been watching you, and saw him turn your head away again with a slight blush on his cheeks. You giggled silently to yourself; maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

Spain then left, leaving you and Romano alone in silence.

"U-Um, are we going to leave Lov-,"

"Don't call me that, ragazza. Let's just get out of here and head back to my place." He said calmer than before and began to head for the door.