Life by His Side

Dedicated to felicitate

"Morning, princess."

I opened my hazel eyes to meet Caleb's loving gaze and I smiled at the way his eyes lit up when we made eye contact. It had been two years since we moved in together and waking up next to him every morning was always the highlight of my day.

"Good morning, handsome."

He leaned forward to kiss me and I immediately backed away from him. He frowned at me before trying once more to kiss me, I responded by pushing myself away from him once more. He narrowed his eyes at me before groaning, "not this again."

I laughed at his pout and started getting out of bed, "you know I never kiss you with morning breath."

"But Rheaaaaa" he whined. I laughed once more and got up from bed and headed towards our bathroom. I heard a sigh behind me before I felt Caleb's presence next to me at the sink. We brushed our teeth alongside each other and I giggled as he gave me a foamy smile.

"Can I get my kiss now?"

"Sure, if you can catch me" I called out behind me as I made a run for the door. I yelped as I felt his firm arms wrap around my waist and squealed when he tossed me back onto our bed. Climbing onto the bed, he positioned himself so my legs were on opposites sides of his hips as he held himself up by his arms and grinned down at me. "Well, well, well, what do we have here?"

"Oh shut up and kiss me you fool."

"Yes, ma'am." He lowered his body onto mine and I felt the familiar rush course through me as his lips connected with mine. He turned his head, deepening the kiss and ran his hand up my thigh stopping below my panties. He grabbed my waist and shifted us so I was now straddling him. As our kisses went from playful to sensual I felt his hands tugging at my shirt and I leaned away from him to quickly throw off my shirt before kissing him once more. His hands roamed around my body before resting on my bra clasp. He unclasped my bra and pulled it off before shifting us once more so I was on my back once again as he kissed his way down my neck and onto my chest.

Groaning at the amount of clothing still on him, I tugged at his shirt until he pulled it off to rest against me once again with his lips firmly on mine. He kissed down my body again, but this time he lowered my panties until he pushed them off my legs. He stood up and pushed off his boxers before lowering himself onto me again. I moaned as his lips teased my neck before gently biting me. He positioned himself and took a moment to soak in my appearance and smile at me. "I love you so much Rhea, now and forever," he said before pushing into me and I cried out at the familiar fullness of him. I relished in the feeling of his skin against mine as we demonstrated our love to each other in the most natural way possible.

When we finished, with the sheets wrapped around us, Caleb twirled a strand of my hair around his finger as he looked down at me. I looked up at him with tired eyes and smiled against his lips when he leaned down to kiss me. "Let's go out for some breakfast, yeah?"

I nodded and he gave me a boyish grin before standing up and pulling me up flush against him. "We should probably shower first" he grinned as he led me back into the bathroom where we proceeded to do everything but shower.

Once we were both fully clothed and on our way out the door, I tossed him the keys and headed to the passenger seat of the car. I quickly put on my seatbelt as I rested my head against the headrest so I could watch him as he drove us to our favorite local diner, a couple minutes from our home. His eyes were focused on the road save for the few moments where he took the opportunity to glance over at me and smile.