Chapter 1

One foggy and eerie day, a little girl decided to go into the forest for a walk. Before she could walk outside, her father stopped her; he asked her why she doesn't wear her coat.
She responded with, "But Papa, the monster always grabs it, and he- and he runs AWAY!"
The father shook his head, "I knew it was a bad idea to adopt you." He sighed, "Well don't get yourself killed! and be back before eight o' clock. Gertrude is making dinner early tonight...surprising huh?"
"Will it be waffles!?" the little girl asked with shines of hope in her eyes.
"No Sally, no waffles! Gertrude managed to break the toaster and the waffle maker itself."
The mother pops out of the kitchen wearing a burnt apron and smoke above her, "Hey, stop making me look like a bad cook!" The father rolls his eyes and pushes the little girl out outside. She pouted while walking down the driveway,
"Why is Papa so mean!?"
"Hey Sally!" said a voice in the distance.
It was the girl's brother, "Where you going?"
"To the forest." she responded, "You want to come Billy?"
"The forest where everyone keeps going missing?" Billy questioned. She nods in reply. "No thank you but, if you do want to go with someone, I recommend Maddie-Friend." He winks and starts walking towards their new house.

The little girl finally made her way to the entrance of the forest. She gazed upon the darkness and trees with a smile on her face and started walking forward. About an hour later, she spots large black vines slithering across the ground. "WHAAAT?"
She attempts to touch it but, it then starts to crawl up her.
The little girl screams and runs away pulling the whatever-it-is off of her. She sprints home and breaks down the door yelling, "Something tried attacking! slither vine! Eughhh!"
"Ouch! why does this always happen!" The door complained.
The father comes out with a crossbow, "What on earth are you making an uproar about?"
"The monster! I saw it! it looked weird!"
The father put his face into his palm of his hand and sighed, "Sally. You have a pet dinosaur, your grandfather is a statue, you change bodies with a paranormal investigator, WHAT ABOUT YOUR LIFE IS NOT WEIRD!?"
The girl then turns her head and goes to her room upstairs. She plops on her bed and looks out the window into the forest. Tomorrow she will go out again and see what is really happening.

(Favorite, comment, and more!)
Written by: ChazyCat
Inspired by: CierraFrye and ShoobaQueen
Thank you